Odor control for greenhouse or indoor grows? Carbon scrubber alternatives

Anyone using agriair units or plasma generators for scrubbing exhaust air leaving their grows? I’m sick of the constant carbon struggles lol hoisting big ass 200lb carbon scrubbers in place after 1 or two grows per room sucks.

I recently saw these agriair units and became intrigued…

1 Like

That’s just a massive hepa filter, great for keeping the air quality nice but it won’t remove the smell from the air.

Edit: I was looking at the wrong one, interesting.

1 Like

I was looking at the ionic units

2 Likes

Yea that’s badass I’m looking into how they work now.

Edit: If anyone is interested How do photocatalytic air purifiers work?

1 Like

When I’m processing clients harvests, we use ozone generators. On timers. 5 on, 5 off. Not in the same area as us, but near the entrances and doors.

Pulling 60lbs (after dried), makes a huge stink. Especially the strains we all run.

3 Likes

From what I’ve read that thing is essentially an ozone generator just under a different name.

2 Likes

Another option is a uvc/ozone gen that’s available as a plug in the wall type. You may need quite a few to do the job.

Give me a few and I’ll find a link

Something like this

1 Like

These would only be for treating exhausting air i have no plans on recirculating or treating air within the rooms. I was hoping these could replace my large 14" x 48" carbon scrubbers I use to exhaust air now

2 Likes

They make inline ozone gens just for cleaning outgoing air in ducting.

Imo, that’s your best bet

2 Likes

Have any of you guys used those ozone generators to deodorize exhaust air?

2 Likes

Here ya go.

Inline ducting ozone gen

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zackman-Odor-Shock-UV-with-Air-Duct-Holder-Ozone-Generator-Professional-O3-Air/192769624042?hash=item2ce1f707ea:g:31sAAOSwXGRcIQUS

2 Likes

Thanks brother. I just read through this: Ozone treating exhaust air on the cheap | International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

I’ll have about 40 lights in 3 rooms soon so utilizing ozonaters inline with the exhaust may just be the ticket

2 Likes

I can even rig them up to only power up during exhausting intervals

2 Likes

I’m like two hundred miles from what we use. It’s some air ionizing things that seem to work pretty well.

2 Likes

Uvonair 12" 3 cell units is all I use. This must be exhausted out of the grow area and warehouse. But they work great. I would suggest getting a mushroom filter so your cells don’t ge dirty.

3 Likes

I am looking at the uvonair and big blue. The 12 uvonair is like 5800mg per hr and the big blue uses uv lamps and outputs 4000mg per hour

1 Like

Yeah, not sure what type of cfm your trying to move.

how long have you had that uvonair in operation? ive heard they blow transformers or the CD coils burn up withing 6 months or so?

1 Like

As long as you keep them clean the will run for a long time. The mushroom filter on your inlet is key. I still wash the cells with soap and water every 6mo or so. The last warehouse that I ran them in they lasted for about 3yrs. Make sure to unplug them before working on the cells, they pack a punch trust me on this. I 1k ballast capacitor has nothing on these units.

No need for uv if exhausting outside. I’m sure its uvc their utilizing, not uva or uvb. The 2 latter are good for growing, not cleaning the smell.

Uvc will kill/disrupt a DNA strand (spores (mold/pm), bugs, as well as us humans.

1 Like