No wax’s during dewax

So I’m running a 6x36 material column sleeved with dry ice/ethanol into another 6x48 sleeved column with dry ice/ethanol. Stalled In dewax column for 2 hours. My filter plates didn’t pick up much of anything. I’m trying to figure out where I’m going wrong before I proceed any further.

1 Like

How fine are those filters?

Did u blast cold AF?

10micron and 20 micron I got them from @bizzybeestbuilder. I assume it’s cold my IR temp guage Maxs out at -70.

2 Likes

U blast that cold too? You may not be picking any up to begin with

Normally u stage all way down to about 5um I been told

3 Likes

Yeah my tank is on dry ice and I let my material sit in the spool with dry ice and ethanol for a bit before I saturate the material. Under my material column I have a 25 micron and a 1-2 micron paper filters in a filter stack. I use a open source steel Rainer that I’ve modified for nitrogen assist to push everything around.

2 Likes

Yeah u probably don’t need 2stage unless ur having problems picking up fats wax, but normally w n2 push dry ice tank and jacket spool, ur not gonna…
big large wide systems w x spools I could imagine might pick up lil still and need 2nd stage
But just my opinion

Yeah I thought that might be the case but was expecting a nice cake of wax on my filter so was quite disappointed after waiting 2 hours and not seeing anything on my filter plates.

1 Like

Run warm tane, grab EVERYTHING,drop temp at dewax. but be careful, next you’ll run until clogging up those filters

2 Likes

I’m running fresh frozen right now so I’ll probably just try again when I run some cured material. Thanks for the help

1 Like

Winterize and see what you pull

You done good. Congrats.

as @Dabbedone suggests, winterizing with ethanol will confirm that you left the waxes in the material where they belong.

4 Likes