Nitrogen vapors assist***update need HELP***

Hey guys and gals… First thank you all for all the help you have gotten me so far!

Is this regulator gonna be adequate for me to use… Thanks all

Victor Technologies 0781-9134 TPR-250-200-580-CS Light Duty Purging Cylinder Nitrogen/Argon/Helium Regulator, 10-250 psig Delivery Pressure Range, 200 psig Outlet Pressure Amazon.com

5 Likes

yes thats fine, i like harris better though.

3 Likes

looks good, it would certinaly work.
check out this
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263017009645

5 Likes

Hahhahahahah
My man …

Once again!!!

Bought!!!

3 Likes

I got this one

2 Likes

Is there any advantage to pushing with N2 over having a second solvent tank, that is at ambient temp, to pressurize the the cryo solvent out of the primary tank and into the column?

Yea, when you run cryo, you can’t push with solvent because the solvent will phase change into liquid. And eventually it will warm up to gas but then you just got your run dirty with warm solvent. I push my butane with propane but only when I extract warm.

2 Likes

Got it. I thought I had seen people doing that before on another forum but it must have been for another reason…and not very cold.

1 Like

I actually have successfully pushed w a 2nd tank at +20psi…the main tank set in cryo fluid…it definitely moved…

BUT. … Im trying to get as close to dewaxed as I can without adding 2nd stage dewax or 2nd solvent winterization…

So in that case nitro the best as it will not heat up the solvent any …and loading back the bump tank every time was beginning to get time consuming…

W nitro though you better pressure test your system often! It’ll find or make a leak!

7 Likes

I want to push for the same reason, I don’t dewax or winterize and want the highest quality meds I can get. Cold solvent seems to do the trick for what I’m after. I can probably get into nitrogen cheaper than a second solvent tank…I’ve got oxygen and argon regulators on hand. that choice was easy lol

4 Likes

Yo bubba!!! Thanks again!!!

That’s killer deal I got thanks to you…so I just add a jic nipple and it’s ready?

Even got some mint m&ms with it as an extra!!! Score…

4 Likes

Did I install my prv on the wrong spot?

I removed this thing from the spot the prv is at…the part I removed kept leaking… So I thought the prv would go nicely there

Only issue, I go to open my tank and my prv goes crazy… I’m thinking it needs to be on the other side… Only thing I have other than prv , is a plug and the original part that come in the spot the prv is at… Please help this is my first n2 vapor bump

This is what came on it…I took that off bc the lil nut wouldn’t stop leaking

How man psi is your valve?

1 Like

Prv 150psi…but I think it should be on a t w the jic ,no? Like to the regulator gauge side, not tank gauge side …And maybe a plug where I have the prv, my regulator was used, and come w what I took pictures, I’ll get another pic of the piece I took off this spot aoon

Bc does the first gauge take what the entire tank psi is? Bc if so then this spot somehow is bypassing the next gauge, where u dial it up or down

This is what came in the spot I put the 150prv, I use the same ones on extractor, tested they work at 150, tested the one I installed too!

And here’s what I’m thinking, but I’m da…put a t fitting where the circle is and move prv there w the jic, then where x is put a plug?

Thanks for the fast response @BG305

prv should be on top of your “cold zone” where n2 ends up, or on any tanks you’d prefer didn’t explode (collection pot, material columns, solvent tanks, filter stack)

first gauge after valve is tank pressure, second is flow

2 Likes

I honestly can’t see what is going on. Can you post better pictures of what is where.

2 Likes

Exactly, the PRV needs to go on whatever you are trying to keep under 150psi(after your gauge). I’m not sure what they fill those small tanks to for nitro.

2 Likes

Why is there a port on the tank side of regulator, it had some weird hook up port , that’s what I’m holding in the pic, after I removed it… If you look at picture under it, that thing was located on the tank side, where the x I made is, where I messed up and put prv… I’m guessing I need my plug that I already have by chance there?

I’m getting better pics soon, my hands covered been running since last night …

Have a hash phone

Go back to original pic w m&Ms pack…u can see how it came, w that port weird thing next to tank hook up… There’s another 1/4" opening on the flow side also, was empty I put jic, guessing needs t w prv and jic, or maybe no prv even there at all, they all over my extractor

1 Like

regulator was bought used

Theses are how I have it set up now… My thoughts are to remove the prv I installed,and plug that spot.

This thing was in the spot where I installed the prv wrongly…I’d like to just take out the prv I put on the regulator, plug it and move on

Aonther thing, is a prv needed on the flow side,btw the top column valve and jic on regulator?

Kinda scared to move on without someones graces

@Dred_pirate @Soxhlet @BG305 … Somebody?

I bought this regulator used just trying to help understand situation

1 Like

Nitrogen vapor assist allows for a controlled pressure feed that you can manually increase and adjust. Compared to a random pressure you are getting from the warm butane, which needs to be constantly warmed to produce more vapor pressure.
While pushing with warm butane/propane it will also increase the temp of the cold liquid solvent you are extracting with. So its not as consistent and homogenous.
The down fall is that the nitrogen vapor has to purged out of the system, ideally a cold vessel, before solvent recovery

6 Likes