Nitro bleed inside c1d1

First week of training in extraction. Question, is it ok to “burp” or clear the nitro out of the lines inside of a c1d1 room? (By “ok” I mean not recover the nitro from the system and not bleed it?)

Learning proper terminology and apologize in advance if this is a confusing question!

Love this forum and this community!
Appreciate all of the helpful information here!
:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Your talking about burping nitrogen correct? If so yes. Its an inert gas. Just make sure your nitrogen bottle is affixed to the wall with a chain.

1 Like

See I thought it would be okay if you kept it under the boiling point of the solvent but I’ve read on here that people still have set off their alarms so they plumbed a line to their exhaust. I’ll post their comment from the thread that has a lot of good information on the subject.

2 Likes

I was just wondering about this too and also thought it would be easier to just plumb it to vent lines

2 Likes

Wax realize that butane a boiling point is at - 1C but still evaporates till around -60C so exhaust in vent ducts must be taken with caution

1 Like

Maybe plumb its own individual vent line?

2 Likes

That would be best :ok_hand:

1 Like

Currently I use a mud house to work in and have hoses leading outside to vent but if I had a nipple to hook up to in the wall that would be nice

I mean a c1d1 is set up to exhaust itself at any detection of gas so it should just go through your already established exhaust system

3 Likes

A mud house eh?

Lol yea what are you in like an Adobe hut in old town?

They make those around here for ppl to run inside in case of a wildfire…they wont burn down so it’s kinda like a c1d1

6 Likes

Correct, just vent it and if the system detects a volatile fume it will kick in to high gear.

3 Likes