New York has $750m worth of cannabis stockpiled that growers can’t sell

1 Like

“$750m worth” … all of it is outdoor and greenhouse lol

1 Like

looks like they’ll have 50k lbs of boof extracts soon

6 Likes

They’ve totally shit the bed with the racist social equity licensing program rollout and thankfully they’re finally being brought to court over it. Hopefully this opens everything up to the entirety of NY taxpayers…

2 Likes

The pop ups on the rez’s are killing it.

7 Likes

Maine just had a case that is gonna restrict any provisions on in-state ownership, so that’s also a stretch now

Sounds like the same tune to a different verse…

I wonder how much Oklahoma has in their stockpile, that they cant sell?

Lol

Bro. They don’t see the obvious play since it’s all shit anyways.

Just say it’s thca hemp and send it. Lol. :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

upstate hemp co is one of the early thca hemp companies, right there in NY with r33fermadness

1 Like

The lawsuit has to do with the preferential licensing in general so hopefully it makes them stop this crazy “must be 50% minority owned or have a marijuana conviction and 2 years profitable business ownership” shit that they’re doing right now… it’s all illegal (not that NY gives a shit e.g. gun laws)

3 Likes

Thats a highly optimistic price they put on each unit, its hilarious. Even trying to off those to the traditional market will have to be @200 to even get attention. I’m not sure if 20% of what they grew in 22’ is even comparable to what they’re already getting at 350/400 in the streets.

Accidental post! Was trying to dm

It really fucking bothers me that people are fuckinng all up in arms over the fucking social equality part of the NY law.

Trappers deserve fucking first mover advantage. Honestly it’s not even much of an advantage, they have to set the market.

5 Likes

Just like Canada. Excess product of dubious quality.

2 Likes

I heard most of the tree in Vegas was boof.

2 Likes

I thought it a beautifull gesture !

1 Like

Do you actually have any understanding of the policy or are you just reading “social equity” and feeling all warm and fuzzy?

4 Likes

Thats why I brought my own this year, last year ridiculous prices on subpar products all day in Vegas, found one decent place green life productions that had weed that actually had flavor, and it didn’t seem like it had been on the shelf for 8 months.

2 Likes

If the trappers have business skills they should have an advantage to crush the market simply by having knowledge and experience in the industry.

The people bothered by the social equity programs tend to see them as ways for the government or powerful to steer the market towards their favoured partners.

When Canada legalized, the people who made a lot of money quickly weren’t the legacy trappers but cops, politicians and bankers, even if there was a minority, legacy or First Nations partner on paper. Follow the money.

1 Like

Considering you need to have 2 years of profitable business ownership on top of your felony marijuana conviction, I don’t think this is for “trappers” lol… if it were just to repay “trappers” they wouldn’t allow literally any 50% minority ownership company to submit an application. It’s specifically targeting white people.

lol have you spent any time reading the requirements or filling out an application? do you have literally any grasp of the NY rec license situation at the moment?

there is already a cap on which type of licenses single entities can own that prevents any big players from creating a monopoly. the social equity program is literally racist (unless you think it’s not possible to be racist against white people)

And because of this idiocy out the gate from NY, all these farmers that got conditional licenses are getting fucked sitting on material that were told there’d be dispensaries and processors licensed and ready to go by fall. And they had to remove mold and fungi testing requirements… lol politicians ruin everything

1 Like