New WA Legislation. Contact reps.

This would also allow small processors, like myself, to sell to the public.

5 Likes

Would “producers” only be those who grew the cannabis or also those who buy and extract?

Purchasing and extracting is a processor license. Processors with interest in only a single license would be allowed to sell to public.

People on more than 1 license would not be able to.

This would help the little guy compete.

I have an army of people that would buy direct if I could sell it to them. Instead, I have to go through the retailers to get to them.

2 Likes

Game changer. What kind of chance do we have?

No idea. I am just gonna reach out. Doesn’t take much to at least send an email

1 Like

your mom sells directly to consumers.

Thanks for the 4th grader comment and all, but, please contribute, or don’t, whatever, it’s no wonder people talk trash about you behind your back.

2 Likes

Here is the link of the proposed language.

http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2019-20/Pdf/Bills/House%20Bills/1995.pdf

Not sure how extracts will work as it mentions sales of 3.5g minimum and does not directly mention extracts/edibles or others. If it doesn’t spell out specifically is it not addressed in this bill or does language elsewhere apply…perhaps I missed something.

That is probably part of contacting reps.

Im in WA. Im not in the industry…i process my own for meds. Is there anything i can do besides contacting my reps to support this? This is absolutely what needs to happen.

Looks like it was first read 2/11 (good on levitated for being on top of it) and is in the house commerce and gaming committee. I am not as familiar as I could be with the process, but looks like its just the beginning.

Progress for the bill can found here: https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?BillNumber=1995&Initiative=false&Year=2019

I did find the website for the WA Canabusiness Association, who could be an asset with this process, but this may be at odds with their supported causes. At least HB 1995 is not mentioned on their site and although I have no personal experience with this organization, they seem to skewed away from mom and pop and towards a larger consolidated industry.

I will add more as I learn more as this bill seems like a significant opportunity to push towards a more equitable and diversified market place.

1 Like