New Verified Slanger Testing Requirement feedback request

Considering making all new level 1 verifications send a sample to @kcalabs, who will then send the results to both the sender and me.

Any concerns or feedback?

11 Likes

Can be make all the weird cannabinoid go that way too. Like thcv, d8, cbn, and all the above???

D10, cbg???

3 Likes

I like this. Chemistry derivatives I think need a finer requirement.

2 Likes

I’d still like to see a requirement for batch control, and a definitive rule against dropshipping, but it’s a good start, and more importantly, it’s enforceable

4 Likes

Oh definitely, Please no dropship brokers unless they’re directly willing to provide details of source. (Representative / Contract Deal / Whatever you want to call it, you rep their product. It wasn’t made by you. (Aka, we wont cut them out, but want clarity) -

2 Likes

I’d like to ensure we’re testing on behalf of the grower and/or processor moving forward.

Retailers like to test too, but I don’t see them on here.

2 Likes

White Labelers like to test too.

2 Likes

White labelers typically need to have COAs for each independent brand. This can be achieved one way or another.

This passing around the same COA since May nonsense needs to stop.

3 Likes

lol this passing around 5%+ unknowns needs to stop.

Maybe setting Expiration dates on COAs?

3 Likes

Composition certainly changes over time, but a COA should be good until the batch is sold in most circumstances.

4 Likes

I strongly and completely disagree with this. I do believe @kcalabs does a better job than most but putting this requirement on them is blatant favoritism and financial aid. Instead I would recommend setting actual criteria the lab must meet to be an acceptable result. Then any lab that ups their game sufficiently is valid. As a former testing lab director I would certainly love to participate in any dialogue on objective criteria for a “good lab”.

15 Likes

Can you add another testing lab into the mix to add some “fairness”
Maybe Proverde? I don’t know their D8 history but I’m sure it isn’t as “We haven’t had any compliant D8” as KCA… They always did me and previous businesses associated right and seemed to be on point from the untrained chemists eye.

1 Like

It’d be ideal to have a proficiency testing program that can identify suitable labs

5 Likes

let’s get all the variables for testing in a list from the community.

1 Like

Other ways to confirm same batch (product) would be ideal. Hell I’ll pay to put this shit on a block chain if it helps authentications. I’m tired of this subject but understanding how important it is.

1 Like

Is there another lab active here?

2 Likes

Active? Not that I can see. This can be changed quickly with a simple invite… I invite everywhere I go

1 Like

So basically all cannabis extracts other than isolate?

4 Likes

Unknown cannabinoids. Fats not accounted for or lipids I guess would be understood.

How do we enforce this?