New to rotovaps

@Ncfarmer. Is this the one?

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-cfm-two-stage-vacuum-pump-61176.html

Yeah but why do that when you can just get a diaphragm vacuum pump and have it run continuously while not having to spend x amount everytime that one breaks down.

He’s so much better off spending the 225$-325$ for a diaphragm vacuum pump.

Standard vacuum pumps aren’t meant to suck in alcohol.

5 Likes

Can you use a diaphram pump for a Buchner funnel

3 Likes

yup, they are preffered

2 Likes

I def remember those days :wink::sweat_smile:

Yep get the replacement plan for 2 years no questions asked replacement we run 50l rotos off um that’s really the only vacuum pump you can find in within driving distance of here

2 Likes

Do you throttle it somehow or just let it run full bore

Let it eat

Well that’s good to know. I have a couple of those pumps from back in the open blast days.

Sweet, thanks

you could dm me and i will provide good price with you

Where you located? I’m near Denver and have 4-5x 50L Chinese import rotos, chillers and 6x water aspirators I’m selling.

Woah. How much for just one unit out of curiosity? Way bigger then my small needs

We were asking $350 ea for the water aspirators, I’m waiting for word back from our financial guy on what we paid for the 50L rotos and chillers initially but I’m guessing we’ll sell them individually around the $11-12k mark with discounts the more you want to buy, these are the same as the USALabs RE-1050 except the metal parts are painted a pale tan instead of black. They have about a year of use on them though I think they shipped either end of 2017 or early 2018, we got them after another lab project we’re involved with fell through.

Also they all have liquid preheaters/enthalpy boosters, both the roto bases and chillers will include cords wired with ends and the wall plates those ends plug into and at least a couple of the chillers have had the POS fans that failed replaced with quality Carrier fans and motors, will also include silicone hose and insulators for connecting chillers and condenser and silicone hose for feed inlet and drain outlet, and white mineral oil for filling the bath so you can run higher temps for faster evaporation.

For anyone wondering why we’re selling we are exceeding the capacity of these, and just recently took delivery of a BZB Falling Film that will be able to keep up with us running over a thousand pounds a day.
https://www.usalab.com/usa-lab-50l-rotary-evaporator-turnkey-setup-rotovap-re-1050/

Can I use the Welch 2545b-01 for the re501?

2 Likes

yessir.

1 Like