New to Diamonds, why is my THCA going back into solution when it warms up?

So I did The only the Strong Tek, and I froze with dry ice and alcohol for 2 days after running another liquid and I started to get these tiny white dots on the bottom.

From what I have read this was what was supposed to happen, however I then saw the step where it said to let sit at room temperature for about two hours before sealing and putting on at 85 degrees.

whenever I did this part of the process my white dots were gone at the bottom I did still seal it to follow the directions, but ended up with a syrupy consistency. Can anybody tell me what the white dots were? Was that my thca starting to crash out? How can I prevent the crystals from redissolving during heat or room temp phase?

I did a search in the search bar and did not find the answer but did find other people who had the same problem

1 Like

You didn’t read enough, the crash will melt back into the solution, you’re fine. Keep reading.

7 Likes

I just re read the steps, and I have not seen anywhere saying that it should redissolve? Do I just continue as normal?

Also is there a pressure that I have to worry about the jarra exploding? It looks like mine had a crack in it from the temperature change

Dont start cold crash till way later, it won’t go anywhere and will hang out on bottom but will turn clear instead white as heats up

done right you can skip the cold crash

The right jar really helps for lid strength. 4-8oz wide mouth mason Jar. It’s small.

Sugar? You let to much evap during ur room temp phase

:blush::green_heart::facepunch:

5 Likes

Ok, I did evap a lot it seemed like. I also used isobutane, should I use Nbutane ? I know it stays a liquid a bit easier.

What does “don’t start cold crash til way later” mean? Does that mean don’t even bother just jar and let pressure build and sit for a week or two? Or should I be cold crashing later in the process? I also online dewax, should I be using a different method or does dewaxing matter?

Thank you for the info and sorry for asking so much! I am used to bho and rosin, as well as making budder and wax, but I have never been able to get sugar or diamonds.

2 Likes

Once you’ve achieved a somewhat jelly consistency, and if your solution is clear enough you can actually see the thca crashing out like oil in water raining down, you can leave it capped and just burp it once bubbling stops between burps. If you want a sugar burp it far more regularly. Hope that makes sense.

Oh, and like @StoneD mentioned, cold crashing isn’t really necessary.

3 Likes

Ok, do you know if isobutane is ok to use? Is it just about leaving ample amount of solvent and then allowing pressure to build by using heat? It sounds so easy but I have not been able to get really nice diamonds or anything crystallized

I’ve made diamonds with 100% iso butane. The last few years I use a blend with 20% iso and have great results with all the diamond teks. So you should be fine. Also I’d skip the whole freezing for cold crash part. Just get your initial bho to a jelly consistency, pour into a mason jar, cap it and leave at like 88° and you should have diamonds in a few days. That’s my go to tek and it’s worked every time

6 Likes

Ok sounds simple enough.

If a small Ball Mason jar is all I need than I am set

So im leaving this up and updating as I go. I started a new batch with the tips provided here, and I’ll post pics as I go. I appreciate any and all advice

Here is a pic of me starting it out, waiting for it to get to a jelly like consistency as mentioned above

2 Likes

You missed the section for thca crystallization, suggesting that you also missEd the 116 threads in there on the subject.

If you found others with the same problem, but couldn’t find an answer, it suggests to me you didn’t keep reading long enough to recognize the answer to your question.

Says you’ve read for 43min.
Try 4-5hrs.

Are you open blasting?

Doesn’t look like you’ve got much material in that jar…

6 Likes

understand the image attached to this post

1 Like

This is where it should be for saturation. If you’re unsure about pressure from solvent I hear you can add a prv to a jar lid.

2 Likes

Hey bud that visual was super helpful, thank you. I have a layer that looks like that, but I def should have ran more. I started with 14g just to try, but next time I’m going to do 28 or more

I did 2 Oz and got this, no cold crash just heat.
Also my very first diamonds run ever. Twas made closed column but no bs I’m doing it closed loop next time because it was a bitch.

2 Likes

You can mod a jar like this so you ease some worries about pressure.

6 Likes

Oh oh awesome is that like a blow off valve? I definitely want something like this. I can probably just get that at home Depot I’m assuming? I had to use two lids to stop them from buckling but originally I capped with way too much solvent. I always thought it was supposed to be done whenever it was more liquidy not quite so thick. But once I got it down to that thick syrup consistency it seems to have done better

3 Likes

I’d imagine the lid would buckle well before that pressure relief valve would go off.

3 Likes

https://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Pressure-Relief-Valve-Male-NPT-1-4-in-250-PSI-Brass-ASME/202413184626?hash=item2f20c41672:g:9gkAAOSw20JbfzKX

And then I’m guessing a drillbit for the lid and a washer and bolt. Not sure how they made that one.