New Summit SPD-8 Head

Saw a picture of their new distillation head posted on Summit and Rocco’s instagram pages. Looks interesting. It has a coil inside the head in addition to the condenser.

https://www.instagram.com/summitspd/?hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/roccoscientific/?hl=en

Anyone have any initial thoughts?

@spdking Care to tell us more about it?

4 Likes

think he’s still on a forced vacation

2 Likes

How long for?

I thought it was only a week. But I could be wrong.

1 Like

last seen 2 minutes ago, last post 2 weeks ago

1 Like

That’s some overpriced shit they’re pushing. And the info on the respective pages is all but utter bullshit… like you require triple vac pump setups for certain distillation heads, WTF :rofl:

1 Like

You don’t understand that all you have to do is show this head to crude and it distills itself out of respect. worth every penny.

21 Likes

what did he do now?

then i stand corrected. what’s the deal with those fancy stir bars tho? what kinda mojo do they emanate?

Its cute by why not double jacket and control the inner sleeve aswell? If ur gonna go for in head temp control.
Is the key thermal controlled aswell?

1 Like

Those stir bars are made from a new proprietary rare earth element that creates a special, previously undiscovered harmonic frequency. When used in combination with the new spd 8 head, the key will emit twinkle twinkle little star when you hit your main body. Fraction finder don’t have shit on this new tech fam!

11 Likes

”Switch flasks once the SPD-8 begins to glow and tremble.”

7 Likes

If you want clean fractions you switch on the second twinkle🥄

2 Likes

That looks fun to make!

1 Like

I been silenced by the lambs

8 Likes

Welcome back! Nice new head btw…
Do you have any pictures of it mounted on a 50L flask? id love to see it!

4 Likes

I’m ready to see the new techno heat mantel! I love ogling pieces of equipment that I’ll probably never be able to afford… But it would be cool to own one!

4 Likes

Covid delays. Prototype is being programmed this month.

2 Likes

Let s get ready to rumble :joy:
Should be ready by summer with botom drain
Magnetic stirring Mantel is beeing custom made as is the magnetic overhead stirring coupling

28 Likes

You are a ROGUE! I love some of things you come up with! Necessity is the mother of all invention!

4 Likes

Are those 3 things like hot water heater elements?

2 Likes