New Lab - Just made first batch of THC distillate seeking advice on selling it. (Maine)

Hello All,

Just wanted to take a moment and introduce ourselves, www.DistillateCBDoil.com, and humbly ask for some advice since we are more scientists than sales guys. lol

We are a medically licensed caregiver, located in Maine that is now able to legally produce pure, high quality Cannabis Distillate (THC or CBD) using the advanced scientific process known as molecular distillation. As many of you know, distillate is a further refinement process that uses normal extracts like CO2 and BHO as crude oil that we then refine into 95%+ pure product. We also 3rd party test every batch to make sure it is pure and free from residual solvents, as well as do a Cannabinoid Profile test so people know exactly what they are buying. (We just sent out our first sample to be tested earlier this week)

Under our medical caregiver licence our understanding is we can only sell up to 2.5 Oz. (~70g) at a time to a patient providing they have the right medical documentation. At this time we can offer a delivery service only. We would prefer to sell in bulk and would offer great bulk pricing deals.

Soon we will be getting our Maine Medical Tier II Processing license and will then be able to process grows from other Caregivers and Dispensaries that are also part of the medical program. A Tier II license will allow us to process up to 200 lbs. at a time. This will be a service only (Only legal way to process bulk in Maine to my knowledge), in which we process your material, giving you everything produced back, and then charge a fee for the processing.

In the mean time though, we are not sure what the best way to sell our first batch of THC distillate is. How did you guys sell your first batch?

Our first batch has just been sitting in a flask for the last couple weeks because none of us know how to get patients or how to find people that would buy it. Which lead me here… (We were hoping to use the money generated from our first batch to help pay for licensing and getting our commercial kitchen up to code.)

Any help or advice on how to sell our first batch would be greatly appreciated since we are brand new to this industry. All we know so far is that we are licensed and can make product. Now we need to figure out how to sell it.

Thanks in advance for taking your time to answer. I look forward to seeing how you guys went from your first batch to where you are now.

Best Regards,

Me

1 Like

Aaron W, I would be interested in buying the distillate Can you call me or text me 8184711928 ?

Also I forgot to ask, what would be a good, fair price to sell THC Distillate for? Both wholesale and retail? New to the industry so don’t know the going market rates yet.

Also operating on a 2L Short Path Distillation system currently so I can make a max of about 600g a batch. Roughly 0.6 liters.

Based on some rates that were offered, wondering if I should just try to post retail to weedmaps due to my low volume?

What do you guys think?

1 Like

Maine is tough since the medical market isnt very demanding and the rec market regulations are not in place yet. leaving an abundance of caregivers with product and not enough “patients” to purchase it… unfortunately most caregiver i see producing extracts dump their goods on the black market up here.

5 Likes

Hello and congrats on your distillate run. I am locally close to you Augusta, Manchester area Would welcome to meet with you if possible and see if we can do business

1 Like

If the quality is there I’d throw down $2250 per 500ml batch. Just let me know how I can get in touch.

2 Likes

Wanted to update this post. New lab is coming along nicely. Upgraded lots of equipment. Now I run a 5 L SPD, a 2 L SPD, a 50 L and 2 L rotory evaporator, have things like fammable material laboratory freezer in place for safe winterization, centrifuge for getting solvent from plant material, vacuum filtration, etc.

Even have some CoAs up of stuff we have made. (*Had help taking the THC out of our CBD though, guess a $70k flash chromatography system will fix that though on a future upgrade.)

But ya things are coming along very nicely. Thanks to this great community for being such a wonderful resource. (Although my wife would say I spend too much time here reading and not enough with her. LOL) :laughing:

3 Likes

1680 oz of disty?!? Maine is pricey.

1 Like

For retail, sure. $60 a gram. Most of our competitors on weedmaps in Maine are at $70 a gram lol. That is why I laughed when someone offered $2250 for 500 ml. (We make more than that a week just selling a little bit of our distillate on the side while building out our lab and ramping up equipment. Lol) Wholesale sales from our grow is not worth bothering with, much more lucrative just to sell retail. That said we can process for other growers at competitive market rates. Just convert their plant material to distillate for a small processing fee. Provide plant material and we will gladly convert it for you for a price below black market / wholesale rates. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sounds crazy, but we have heard $4/g pricing for bulk distillate in Cali already.
Typical seems around $8, but it is coming down fast with an oversupply and people just building massive facilities.

3 Likes

Ya folks are funneling it into Canada right now due to the shortages there. With the right facility and equipment you can manufacturer it for about $2800 a liter. ($2.8 per gram)

2 Likes

Hey… what’s up guys? Also a small caregiver processor in Newport Maine… we should have coffee sometime… Maine can be a tuff nut to crack with everything so up in the air…

1 Like

Wow 70 a g? That’s more than in illegal states. Not hating, just curious.

2 Likes

Indeed , I have been finding it hard to find like minded that want to actually talk about what we do. I have tried to talk to a couple people in the area but no real luck
Caregiver in Maine

1 Like

Yeah it seems hit or miss… some people are pretty open to networking and growing… some people wanna just do there thing and keep to themselves… before future4200.com it seemed really hard to meet like minded folks. Anytime you wanna hit up dunkin let me know…

Sounds great. Are you guys on Instagram? Most or a lot of the Maine caregivers are. That is usually how I meet others in our industry. Personally I would love to hang out but I live in Redondo Beach, near L.A. most of the year. (Can’t take the cold weather) I founded Distillate CBD Oil, and kind of fund everything since I own a tech company out here in L.A. as well. I grew up in Maine though, Lincoln area. So wanted to help my family increase their grow profits with science and technology. Thus we setup a lab back east. I am sure they would love to meet other caregivers in the area as well though so please give our lab a call at 207-370-8494 and introduce yourselves. We are always happy to network with like minded people. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Heck ya man… Lincoln isn’t to far down the road… I don’t get that far up north too much anymore but I wouldn’t mind take n a ride…

I’m all for a meeting of the minds in ME.
Paragonseparations1 on IG. Let’s make it happen! This industry will only get trickier so meeting like minded people could benefit us all!

1 Like

I have an instagram but hadn’t used it yet. Live just outside of Augusta and would love meeting and networking with others. Since I have found this forum I have learned so much. I have a decent lab start up going and am improving daily. Do some consulting for a store front and I have a bed and breakfast with licensed kitchen at my disposal if I can get everything in order this will be a bashing success. Just want to make sure everything is in order before hand. I can meet most days and wouldn’t mind having company over to get together
Name is Raymond nice meeting y’all

2 Likes

5-6 dollars is gram is going rate for distillate.

1 Like