New England Workshops

Hello all,

We are getting closer to opening our new retail and shop space in southern Vermont. I am looking to gauge interest in New England for workshops on cultivation, extraction, refinement, THC remediation, analytical chemistry, regulation and compliance, and other topics of the hemp/medical/rec industries in the Northeast.

Live product CBD demos might be a possibility. We should have the space for workshops of 15-25 people. Brattleboro Vermont is just about 1.5 hrs from Boston and 3.2 hours from New York City, theres hotels and other amenities. If you do a winter course theres skiing, snowboarding, and snow mobile trails as well. All year there is excellent hiking and mountain free climbing.

I know the northeast is less represented here but I figured this would be a good crowd to ask.

1 Like

Wait… you’re in Vermont?

You ever make it up to Montpelier?

I’m no stranger to Montpelier, never lived there but I usually stop in at Mad Taco on my way North. I used to live further north near the Canadian border and spent several years in Burlington. I live in metro Boston now, but own a CBD operation in Vermont and it is my second home up there. Absolutely beautiful state, amazing beer, home of snowboarding, and of course Ben and Jerry’s. Anyone’s trip to the Northeast should include Vermont, Maine, and Boston.

2 Likes

Is Mad Taco the taco joint right on the bike path?

I’m not sure where the bike path is, but its downtown next to Charlie Os (great divebar). Most of my experience there has been at the state house for hemp regulation related stuff and I did some work with 350.org jn school and they would end up there to talk about climate change.

1 Like

I was told about a legendary taco joint in VT where everyone goes before they go biking some huge trail. Or maybe it is the entrance to a tourist hiking spot. I don’t think Vermont is really known for their tacos but oddly enough this is one of the main attractions a local informed me about. May be a different spot

Coming from Texas I’d give just about anything for a good taco. The Mexican food up here in New England sucks hard

As far as new England goes Mad Taco is pretty good. Theres also Taco Gordo in Burlington, not exactly on the bike path but near it there, and they’re really good IMO. There is small pockets of decent Mexican in VT, I don’t think its directly related per se but theres actually a good number of Mexicans that work as farm hands there who come up in programs and live on the farms. I asked a few where they like to eat and most said either El Gato and or Taco Gordo.

Burlington/Winooski actually houses a lot of refugees, it’s a sanctuary “city” and theres a lot of south east asians, Africans, and some south/central Americans. In turn, you can get some very, very good Thai, Burmese, Nepalese, and African foods. The Himalayan market and the African Market there is run and stocked authentically and you can get some really great spices.

But as of the last census Vermont is 97.2% white, so the majority of the food is some variation of cheese and beef. The cheese is phenomenal though, the Canadians might not agree but the Poutine is fucking bomb. Now that I’m in Boston theres more regional food to access but its expensive as shit, but I do love me some seafood.

Anyone who comes for a workshop will be directed to the very strong and delicious beer as well as many fine cheeses/meats. So if you like charcuterie and IPAs then come on over.

2 Likes