New build out and retrofit - Input/consult help needed

About to build out a new veg room and upgrade an existing multi use area.

18x18 Flower with 13x16 total Veg space.

I’m small scale to a pro, but have reached a healthy equilibrium of supply and demand at this level.

I have a fair amount of experience with design and build out, and above average experience producing top quality medicine.

I have very limited experience with automation however.

Im skilled at manually ‘dialing’ rooms and have good comprehension of environmental needs and parameters.

This project will be indoor, sealed, AC, Co2, coco, salts, LED lights

My mission is:

Design and implement a comprehensive system with the above parameters and a focus on automation and maximizing efficiency.

I’m not looking to cut corners on this one. I’m also not willing to waste money! I am hoping to draw from the collective knowledge here. We have all had failures and triumphs along the way. I don’t want all of the hard earned lessons to go to unnoticed or unheard.

I am open to consulting if you guys can point me in the right direction.

I have learned so much here (from everyone), which has only exposed how little I really know

If you are a pro, I’m all ears. I’m trying to turn off the noise to hear the music…

I appreciate the input

2 Likes

Currently looking at HGV fertilizer and AGT-50
-Am I missing anything?

Gavita 1700 E Gen2 Lights for flower
-Not excited about the EL controllers, should I be looking at another brand?

HLG 350R for Veg
-Anyone tried these?

Canna Coco w/ no additives

Cloning in Rapid rooters to get away from RW cubes
-Any better options?

Solo cups after Rapid Rooters, then to 2 Gal Coco for late veg and flower.

Need ideas for rolling benches in flower
-Anyone have any suggestions?

I do DTW and have been using catch buckets @ each 4x8 tray. Looking for a savvy gutter/condensate pump set up that works with rolling benches.

For automation I’m looking at Troll Master

Here is some info to get the creative juices flowing.

Thanks guys

2 Likes

anyone using a 15-0-0 and paying more than 22 for 50 LBS is gettn takin to the cleaners in a sense.

Run front row silica Jacks Part A 3 grams per gallon, Epsom Salts 1 gram per gallon Yara Calcium Nitrate 2 grams per gallon with RO, mix in that order add PH up as needed. This mix doesnt really PH drift if you use it in a week or less you shouldn’t have to PH again. EC should be 1.6 good for veg and flower honestly. if you wanna get fancy after you get this down you can but this is the way, its under 4 cents a gallon i think its closer to 2 cents without the silica, which isnt needed, but helps. AGT 50 also works great in this mix added last before ph adjusting.

2 Likes

due to the nature of my business I have to grow hemp cost effectively, I found this translates to cannabis pretty much 100%. good luck

Thank you for the input @sweethemp! Jack’s is another one high on the list

2 Likes

Check out this thread, some info in there could help you.

Trust me and order some eazy plugs rooting cubes.
I have pictures of the rolling benches I built in that thread.

How high are you planning to make your benches?

2 Likes

jacks+calcium nitrate+epsom is cheaper

check out meiju or kingbrite on alibaba for pretty much the same tech at half the price

ez clone (or equivalent) will save you loot in the long run. you could also clone straight into the solo cup. i havent done it before but a friend of mine does that as his standard cloning procedure. i think he soaks the medium (coco) and just lets it chill until it roots

2 Likes

18x18’ is an odd sized space. I am not up on my LED’s other than FOHSE, Fluence and Agnetix. 3.42 BTU/watt is still the formula with LED’s.

I would do 3 rows of 4x8 tables leaving 2x3’ walk ways. The entrance would be missing 1 table, which is where your dehu and air handler would be on the ceiling. It would also allow a work space for dosers, a rez, whether you are doing ebb and flow or top feed drip etc.

It would look something like this:

XOXOX
XOXOX
XOOOX
XOOOX

If your door opens out, plumbed outside the room and you plan HVAC/dehus appropriately, you could add another 2 lights and 4x8’ table.

As far as Cal Nit, just get Yara or Haifa ag-grade. Southern Ag leaves biofilm. Cal-prime is nowhere to be found at the moment.

5 Likes

theres a place in pa near pittsburgh that has it, but they wouldnt ship. my homie drove down and grabbed a bunch, said they had a few pallets left

2 Likes