Needing some advice - Short path related (where did my THC go?)

Oh we have plenty to mess around with honestly.

Start here: Chromatogram: 3% THC

And follow some of the links contained therein…

If you took fractions, and only had ONE tested, the trivial answer could simply be that you’re looking in the wrong place.

If you’ve wrecked your cannabinoid profile (isomerized), then you need to look at the chromatogram to actually see that.

4 Likes

Do you have any labs of your material pre-decarb and post-decarb.

I’d be interested to see how the numbers compare after being exposed to those temps for that long

1 Like

I have tested all of the fractions. I just only posted the highest. The 40% is the second fraction.

I make terrible distillate....why?

(It’s a link…)

2 Likes

Did you do a Mass balance ?

Are you missing any?

If so you wrecked it. If not, you failed to separate. Grok?

Do you have the chromatograms?

1 Like

I don’t as we sent it off for testing. I guess, I could request those?

You’re gonna need them…

The lab is not going to quantitate stuff they can’t ID. Ideally they should raise their hand and mention when there are large peaks they can’t ID, and if you find that there ARE, having a chat with the lab director about their reporting practices is suggested. Or just finding a new lab if they’re not responsive to suggestions.

We have been lab shopping. I am waiting on some more samples to come back actually from other labs. We have been getting some inconsistent numbers and its frustrating.

In House analytics Early rather than late…

Chromatograms or it didn’t happen!

2 Likes

Chances are: Isomerization of Co2 extracted Crude

Just a brief look at the test and that 22% cbc pops out. . It’s It’s issue I’ve been fighting on A recent batch…any reason to believe the start biomass may co tain sulfur resudues?

2 Likes

Doh!!

Yeah, absolutely NOT CBC!!

Can’t believe we STILL have labs getting that wrong!!

@Canna_bis503 : THC Imposters (Isomers)

And go smack the lab director up side the fucking head, they’re an idiot!

If they LOOK at the data they’ll find the absorption spectra is wrong for CBC

Edit: and please out said fool here. So others can avoid them. Or educate them…

7 Likes

Short path CO2 crude is like SPD on Very Hard mode, lol.

Surprisingly common how often it turns out “CBC” on lab results when not processed correctly.

2 Likes

wait … what are you trying to say?

I don’t think it contains sulfur residues - In Oregon we had bad fires last year, and I know that some of the flower we extracted into other material (terp sugar) had a bad bad taste to it… But when you rosin press it, it doesn’t taste bad.

Follow the links!!

It’s not CBC. You wrecked it. And the lab you’re using is three years behind on the science

4 Likes

I’m just gonna quote the wizard…

1 Like

Worse part is - this is happened with everything that has been ran. They have taken a 70% THC, ran it through the short path, and got 55-80%

1 Like