NEED HELP: AI oven getting over than set point

My AI oven is getting hotter Than my set point after I didn’t first flip? And it’s rising in temperature even after trying to lower the set temp. I’m clueless

Not familiar with that oven but if ti is one of the cheapie 0.9 cf ones made in China look at this.
0.9 cf vac oven hack

Call AI for calibration instructions follow those then see if you still have issues they have been helpful in my experience.

2 Likes

Mine rises 1-1.5° hotter then set point then goes to set temp in about 10 min. Seems to rise slightly above set temp until temp is good then will lower itself

2 Likes

You preheat the ovens and they stabilized with no slabs in it? If the temps are going over a little bit it’s probably degassing. You may have pulled from the collection vessel to early. Just give it a slight vac than close the vacuum valve. than let the slab heat up before you pull them again

I would follow @MyerP15’s advice. AI sells chinese equipment but their customer support is in America, one of the few chinese gear companies where you can get decent tech support. You should also take the other guys advice on how to heat your slabs, a calibration and some improved technique should do you right

Why I didn’t just think to call, they are super helpful whenever I’ve had chiller problems

Oven is pre heated with no slabs. Slabs get put in raising temp slowly without breaking vac or opening air just closings vac port. This was after I flipped it builds in heat then drops but at almost 10 degrees that’s a little to high to allow

Mine went almost 10 degrees high before dropping.

Just give AI an email they’ll help you get it dialed in

1 Like

i noticed my ai oven does that too —- i have 2 of the 7.5 cu. ft. ones…and it only happens when vac is pulled down full

That’s what I’ve noticed as well