Need a little guidence on what to purchase!

What’s up everyone, hows your corona-quarantine going today haha? I just got a couple questions for you more experienced people in the Canna business. (I’m located in Canada if that changes anything, so this is all black market products)

So, I purchased a small scale CLS last year that was very basic (no separate dewax column, only one layer of filtration, didn’t hold enough material, etc.) and started making BHO, with the goal of making vape pens / carts for my customers (I get CCell carts from a trusted source that are heavy metal tested, along with other tests to ensure their safety)
I quickly learned that without having a separate dewax column to ‘stall’ the solvent in to coagulate the lipids / fats at a cold temperature it was super hard to get a fully dewaxed product, which led to me having to do winterization.
I did successfully make great vape carts / pens in the end, using real terpenes, and a natural diluent, however I wanted to rid of this winterization step, as well as upgrade my system to make a better product, and for ease of use.

So here are the questions I have for you before I go and start parting together a new system:
I have about $4500-$5000 CAD to spend

• Is it cheaper to part together a system or to buy one as a complete setup already
  • Is a separate jacketed column necessary for de-waxing
  • Should I run filter plates after both the material column and the dewax column?
  • Whats the pros/cons of connecting the columns/tanks/collection with SS hoses + mini ball valves on a rack mount (i.e Icarus setup) oppose to connecting everything stacked with full sized ball valves and no SS hoses (expect to and from solvent tank)
  • What are your thoughts on purchasing a complete system from a ‘trusted’ source from china, is this dangerous, or are they competent of making a good product if the specs are right (correct steel thickness, good welds, no pin holes, etc.)

Thanks in advance guys!

Just order thru @Killa12345

3 Likes

Yes but time is money,

yes,

paper filters under material and plates under dewax,

don’t know enough to answer,

and if you’re buying a complete setup pay the extra few hundred to killa to avoid all of those headaches is what’d I’d say.

You’ll want to have a dewax vessel twice the size of your material column. I’d also recommend a coil placed in dry ice for solvent injection to get really high quality extracts. The more filter plates the better so if you can afford a filter plate at the bottom of your material and a second one under your dewax then do that, otherwise just under your dewax

1 Like

Hello Little Dab, We specialize in filtration and we do have customers filtering without winterizing. Would need to know a little more about your process and batch size to know if we can help you. Please email me. Thanks, gregh@heyesfilters.com