N Boler Sintered Disks CREATE SPARK!!!!

That explains a lot, its "proprietary " which means they invented it. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

proĀ·priĀ·eĀ·tarĀ·y

/p(r)əĖˆprīəĖŒterē/

adjective

adjective: proprietary

1. relating to an owner or ownership.

ā€œthe company has a proprietary right to the propertyā€

• (of a product) marketed under and protected by a registered trade name.

ā€œproprietary brands of insecticideā€

• behaving as if one were the owner of someone or something.

ā€œhe looked about him with a proprietary airā€

I guess it covers them inventing it and the ego issues all in one word.

7 Likes

thats not fucking cool

1 Like

Hey regular filter paper and standard filter plates have worked wonders for me ! I will never use a sintered disc after reading this . I understand most people have had wonderful success. Its not worth the potential slight risk of sparks due to it failing . They seem like a hassle to clean . I like just changing the papers out . Its also very easy to see if powders slip through on paper . I will sleep good at night not worrying about the potential sparks . Filter paper is cheap i donā€™t think it would ever add up to the cost of one of these pricy sintered discs .

6 Likes

This is the answer, my man. At least for me now as well.

BG runs something similar if i stand correct.
12 micron papers up top down to 1 micron last before collection.

I ran last week with the BT metal fabrication 3" 2micron screens and they are DOPE.
They fit exactly on top of a 3" 5 micron, they fit in the clamp and completely cover the 5micron screen underneath. Nothing passes. They are thin, pliable, sintered disks. I stack them on a 1.5 micron filter paper, as to not have metal on metal contact. $20 a pop and they send extras, and they come in 1.5inch, 3 inch and 4 inch.

I was using DE for bottom layer of mostly all of my CRC runs, with a 5 micron screen/BVV sintered before I had the nboler, and it passes thru over runs/time. This is what the Nboler Disk was clogged with, after the 6 or 8 runs-DE.

Ive run DE, t5, And magnesol as my bottom cake of my crc and ALL of them go thru 5 micron screens, straight through.

T5 went thru 5 micron the least, it leaves a weird smell and taste on the slabs tho, (ph issue?)

Im done running until my order of celite from killa gets here then its back to runs with just filter plates with 2 micron filter papers, and 20 micron and less papers up top under the other media cakes, in condescending order down to 1.

Can rotate the BT fabrication screens in if/as needed.

Does anyone have problems with celite 545 going thru 5 micron or 2micron??

2 Likes

I filter down to 2.5 micron with paper. Sometimes celite fines get past the 25 micron, but never past the 8 micron, and never past the 2.5.

5 Likes

Try using 2 pieces of the filter paper layered together and you will be golden the problem is the retention ring and paper will create a small opening where powders can slip through if the retention ring isnā€™t tight enough so double up and it solves this problem . I even will use 3 on the final stack just to be sure . I havenā€™t experienced any issues with flow either . The only thing you have to be careful of is if the PSI of the column is lower than the evaporation vessel / collection chamber if you adjust the ball valve below your column sometimes the excess vapor pressure of the evaporation vessel will push up the retention rings fucking your powders all up . So donā€™t adjust your ball valve until your evaporation vessel is below 20 psi and you will be fine ! I run continuous flow / hot vapor loop for pushing through the powders so this will only be relevant if your doing the same . The top of the column will have the high psi where the bottom gets colder attracting the vapor of the evaporation vessel if you interrupt flow during the hot vapor loop/ continuous flow . For me its cause my column has such a larger surface area compared to 3/4 inch recovery lines so when you fully open the ball valve all the vapor can push up retention rings and powders contaminate your product. Normally only 1 or 2 stacks will do this and the other hold .

3 Likes

Sold by Utah Biodiesel Supply
Sintered Sanitary Filters
Made by Mott Corp in Connecticut
Iā€™m not sure what pressure differential the filter disc can withstand but I bet it isnā€™t more than a couple of atmospheres.

I ordered from utah biodiesl, and it actually was shipped from arborfab. You can order directly from them.

After reading about peopleā€™s issues with sintered discs, Iā€™d order a spool with a support plate welded flush to the end as well. I did just to be safe.

4 Likes

I was blocked for linking this thread on his post about this situation

Itā€™s funny how he jacks the idea from this forum, scams itā€™s users, and now blocks anyone who mentions it?

12 Likes

and blatantly calls his customer liars? thatā€™s good customer service. Went to take a screenshot and he apparently deleted the comment

1 Like

Super shady. All he had to do was apologize and refund it, and go back to the drawing board. When thatā€™s too hard, I guess your customers are to blameā€¦
Now heā€™s backtracking, ducking questions, changing posts, blocking ppl.
Kinda funny he puts ā€œHonest AFā€ in his IG bio what a creep.
I hope people understand the reality of the situation, and send theirs back, or stop using them. Just not worth it, imo. Iā€™ve done what I can about it, I appreciate the support from all. Stay safe.
-Scoop

1 Like

Dude blocked me on ig too, someone asked how much he charged, so I posted a link to killas site.

@N.B.OLER, you gonna make any claims here, or you just gonna stick to ig where you can block anyone that calls you out?

8 Likes

well this is the mentality of these sellers they scam and provide shitty service then block every opposing view to create their own little scam world reality

Honest AF :woozy_face:

3 Likes

ive only had quality experiences with Nate and his products. I have used his sintered disk filter and bullseye vacuum filter with tons of success. Heā€™s a stand up and honest guy who will be happy to help people out who are experiencing issues with his products.
ā€¦except when youā€™re a dick.

maybe next time you shouldnā€™t REFUSE and DEMAND and should try respectfully showing him images and explaining your side of the situation of a possible manufacture defect.

Also, FYI, as you all explained, the sintered disk welding technique is pretty widely known and utilized for these products, beyond just Nate. So understand that this is a possible defect in ANY sintered disk filter you buy. I know you all like to cut corners with crappy/chinese parts, but just known that if nateā€™s filter really did ā€œsparkā€ then your cheap filter is going to do it even worse.

5 Likes

why is nobody discussing the actual cause - which is blowing pressure backwards through a clogged plate?

7 Likes

because these broke boys dont want to take responsibility for their actions!

1 Like

I have nothing to gain in any of this I just notice when threads pop up of people trying to take advantage of consumers And I stick up for them and whatā€™s right because itā€™s the right thing to do

He says it can spark in the email then it canā€™t spark when someone IG asks him directly what would you call that?

Also blocking people for not agreeing with him or for calling him out

Itā€™s okay because consumers have rights and I can bet you any money that charge will reverse for the faulty part

12 Likes

an $800 sale is no skin off his back, plus heā€™s got the filter back. you can take the W, congrats. At the end of the day, this kid backfilled his filter and over pressured it and broke it on his own user error, and is behaving like an infant trying to point blame at someone else. I applaud nate for having more patience than I wouldā€¦

yes, friction CAN cause spark. it doesnt mean thats what happened. In fact, itā€™s never been reported or documented, unlike people accidentally over pressuring their filters, so Iā€™m going to go with the more probable case that this kid broke his own filter and is trying to scam Nate for a refund he doesnā€™t deserve.

2 Likes

@ScoopDiamonds what rig are you running that handles 350+ psi? Forget the spark you got the biggest :peanuts: running a cls at 350+ psi.

5 Likes

Who said anything about 350psi???

Nboler disks r rated for thatā€¦

Never said I ran a cls at that or even closeā€¦

Weā€™re talking about a disk failing at 40psi during cleaning

1 Like