Mystery peaks with delta 8

So I have been shopping for a consult for D8 conversion and I recieved a sample with a lot of mystery peaks. We do our own in house HPLC testing and we had some trouble pinpointing exactly what these are. Here’s a pic of the actual retention times. I’m wondering if these are trash by products or something good. I would guess D10 but we dont have any calibrant for it currently. And I’m just guessing assuming it’s in order with the D9 & 8.

1 Like

That resolution looks really bad. You might want to consider a different HPLC method. Anyway my guess would be the two isomers of d10 on the right. But that’s just a guess based on my experience with my own method.

2 Likes

Do you know the method they are using for conversion?

@Etohthekid reach out to me if you’d like some pointers on running a sharper method. If you’re anything like me and you had to work with what you were given instead of buying a machine/column/solvents to match a proven method, it takes some doing.

Blind isomers of THC? I am having someone make a shoddy batch of D8 just to send it over to a lab owner. He claims he can identify over 30 isomers of THC, some of which dont seem to be named yet.

His side research into the isomers stemmed from people popping for THC metabolites even though no D9 could be found in the source extract(CBD disty). Was tested at multiple labs.

We are just getting started with isomers of THC/THCV. Exciting times.

2 Likes