My friends daughter has horrible seizures and outta meds

Hey so one my good friends daughter is diagnosed for a long time now with uncontrollable seizures. He’s running outta meds fast and I’ve never made tinctures and am a lil scared since I don’t have analytic testing on hand

She has an everyday thca med and a emergency thc med. They are both cut w Udo’s omega 369 oil. Something about coconut oil causes seizures bc the sugar

Does anyone carry anything like this or have sample or can tell me how to make w concentrates I have…I have disty and sugar sauce.

He also believes sativa only one that helps her but I’ve had that conversation w him he still believes in sativa and indica
She’s running outta meds everyday, she has to wear a bicycle helmet everywhere she goes. The doctors here even said it’s obvious the medicine is working for her she has been on it for years…he use to make it now he can’t anymore. I wanna help him…we aren’t in a good state but that’s besides the point

Heres the 2 coas of the meds. Pretty sure after cutting w that oil udos Can anyone help

@Sidco_Cat

4 Likes

I looked up the Ludo’s 369, and it looks like a nice blend of oils, but I’m sure we could find a better oil for her tinctures. Here’s the ingredients:

Organic flax seed oil, organic sunflower seed oil, organic sesame seed oil, organic coconut oil, organic evening primrose seed oil, organic rice bran oil, organic soy lecithin, organic oat bran oil, mixed tocopherils (non-GMO)

Looks like coconut oil is the fourth ingredient, which it sounds like would be best to avoid. It has soy lecithin, which may be helpful, but sunflower lecithin is said to be a better choice. On the other hand, if that’s what she has been taking all along, it should still be good to use.

Has she tried any cbd for the seizures? Maybe make her a few different tinctures to see what gets best results. Start with what you have on hand and make some thc tincture.

1 Like

Can someone help me w the math…how much oil to how much thca to get a coa like that…and should I put the terps in it also?

Yeah he’s tried cbd ,thca and thc seem to be the only major helpers

1 Like

Looks like both tinctures have about 19 mg/ml of thc or thca. We would need to know the amount of thc and/or thca in your extracts to math it for you. Do you have any testing on your disty or sugar sauce? Should be pretty easy from there.

As far as sativa vs indica, I would probably just make the meds and hope it doesn’t get brought up. If it does, just tell him to give it a shot. Worst an indica could do is probably still help, but surely not hurt.

1 Like

This is horrible, I hope that young lady finds some relief. My wife has adolescent myoclonic epilepsy, but only has 1 or 2 seizures a year - I couldn’t imagine what your friends family is going through.

Anyways, I want to contribute something so I pulled an idiot proof tincture formulation sheet together. I hope this is helpful. You should be able to make a copy of the sheet and save it for yourself.

You can use any carrier oil and the density should be relatively close to the same. I’ve used this formula to create a lot of products and the dosage has been really accurate across hundreds of batches. If you decided not to use a sweetener/flavoring make sure you adjust the formula to increase the amount of carrier oil, this will keep the math consistent. Flavoring is 7% and sweetener is 1%.

11 Likes

Adding 1g of crude oil at 60% thc into 30ml should get you right around that same tincture

4 Likes

People are going to hate on me for this, but have you tried delta 8 as a possible alternative? I only suggest it because it’s readily available and sure someone could give you the hook up on some clean 99%>>

4 Likes

I actually agree with this. Especially for edibles/tincture.

@Kingofthekush420 has mentioned d8 is great for meds for kids (if I remember correctly, if I’m misquoting please let me know KOK)…

2 Likes

I believe @Kingofthekush420 was referencing the Israel studies where they tried it as an anti nausea agaent for kids undergoing chemo. It eliminated vomiting in all subjects

6 Likes

There ya go.

Thanks bro!

2 Likes

On it!

3 Likes

@iLLnyeTheShatterGuy
@CannaRedux
@thesk8nmidget
@PharmExOregon

I’m buying. Who’s got what they need?

10 Likes

I can help with this, @stoneD hmu

7 Likes

I knew you’d get on it. Whatever I can do to help, let me know.

3 Likes

@StoneD Looking at the COA they used Blue Dream which can have really sativa dominant cuts but I don’t consider it even a true sativa as it really depends on the pheno of the cut or seeds. The other COA is Sensi Star more indica leaning hybrid.

If it comes up I would just mention that the previous was both hybrids a generally indica leaning one and generally sativa leaning one.

I would ask the parent if they have tried CBD also or THCV. A friend of mine from childhood on mainland has been treating seizures with CBD instead of THC for years. Epilepsy induced ones. Recently I had a snapchat post about THCV and got a response from that friend who said that THCV was in smaller percentages mixed in was doing wonders to make the medicine far more effective. Of course just early heresay but I found it interesting.

He also used to wear a helmet when we were kids and it took me a while to understand (first seizure i saw). Then it was pure empathy for the fellow.

7 Likes

@StoneD @Sidco_Cat just send me a message. If I have what you need/want, it’s yours. Anything we can do to help.

8 Likes

Great info!! Thank you :heart::heart::blush:

5 Likes

is THCA still active orally ?

I always thought it had to be decarbed to become active via this route of intake.

or is that just the high and other medical properties are still present with the acid ?

3 Likes

THCA is pharmacologically active via oral route, just not at the usually desired targets.

3 Likes