Mother Liquor COAs?

What up fellow hash lovers.

Recently played around with the CBD Isolation tek on here and had success. So, thank you for sharing @Future!
After pouring off the mother liquor and purging it of the remaining pentane, I have a real viscous oil with great clarity. Sent it for test and it came back around 69% cannabinoids - 56% CBD, 8% THC, 4% CBG. Is that normal?
RSA showed levels below LOQ so its clean at least…
Starting distillate was around 80% CBD and 2% THC…

I’d love to hear some of your guys potency results on any mother’s liquor you had tested for reference.

5 Likes

Yes I think this should solve your curiosity.
Start with 1 kilogram of 85% CBD distillate (90-95% total cannabinoids)
Crystallize and obtain 730 grams of 99.999% cbd white crystalline solid (confirmed by waters gc and vxr400 nmr) which would mean ideally (asumming intial results are correct) 120 grams of cbd left in the solution. Then you concentrate the mother liquor which now has reduced its total mass because you have isolated the majority of CBD and taken out the majority of the original distillate’s mass is now to 270 grams (assuming 100% overall yield). 120/270 = 44% CBD in your new concentrated mother liquor solution.

So you must also take into account the severe reduction in the total mass of starting material. Also keep in mind you selectively removing CBD which concentrates your other cannabinoids. Does this make sense please feel free if you need clarification.

8 Likes

@QGA What would be your advise to those that seek your thc remediation tech
Keeping the thc levels not above 8 % in the mother liquer ?
For You to be able to take thc levels to 0%
Or to concentrate as much as possible
And not beeing able treu your tech toget thc in the 0% range ?
Thx

1 Like

That makes perfect sense, and the numbers are actually pretty close to mine…
Assuming my distillate was 2% THC that would make 20 grams of THC in my whole kilo’s worth of ML, with about 120 grams of cbd left in there as well…
That’s 6:1 CBD:THC assuming I get ALL the THC into the ML (which, I didn’t)… My test results on the ML were 56%cbd:8%thc… which is pretty close to that 6:1 ratio. Nice.

3 Likes

I got some tested at 10.285% thc 51%cbd with some other cannabinoids…

1 Like

Nice, that’s re-assuring :metal: