Mk3 Terpenator setup

Hey everyone, I bought my Mk3 Terpenator new from Terpp Extractors around the beginning of the year but am just now getting around to being able to try to utilize it. I’ve tried calling Terpp Extractors, and every time they say a tech will call me back but that never happens and they just kind of stop answering the phone. Under the distillation section of the operating manual, it says to connect one of the 3/8" hoses to Out on the recovery pump to the 3-way “T” with vacuum valve #6. My only issue is I’m not sure where on the “T” it would go. Below are the instructions and how I set it up. I haven’t tried running anything yet, because I’m still trying to make sure I have everything right. What is considered the “In” and “Out” on the chiller and which side is considered the “T”?

My only other issue is the last instruction to attach the pressure gauge to the “connection without a valve on the 4-way cross.” Attached are pictures of all the angles of the Mk3 and it’s totally possible I’m just overlooking it, but I’m not seeing what they are referring to? Sorry for the newbie questions. I greatly appreciate any help

I believe we need better pictures…too much visual clutter.

remove the tri-clamp ball valve & that which is attached to it and try again.

have you gone to the source?

1 Like

2 Likes

It looks like you have the outlet side of the recovery set up according to the instructions. Though it sounds like the instructions are saying there should be another hose between the Tee and the chiller coil, where your pictures show the Tee attached directly to the coil(I dont see a reason for hose between them, but do you have a extra hose thats not being used?)

I am also not sure if that style of cooling coil has a proper inlet and outlet or if they are reversible, considering both ports are coming out the top I doubt it, but again am not certain.

I see a few open ports on the system, some are probably for bidirectional setup cant tell if the valves are setup prop for that though too clutered and im not familiar with their setup, and maybe looks like another vacuum port(yellow handle?)

I dont see a cross fitting in the pics for the gauge either, It kinda looks like the yellow handled ball valve is on a cross, and the opposite end of it is open to a small flared male, which looks like it could be the place for the gauge??

In the pic showing the triclamp Tee piece above the main dump valve(https://future4200.com/uploads/default/original/3X/1/5/1572f3d958b1b5a6f34239d9c4a583364ac3d80b.jpeg) where the black hose attaches to a Tee it looks like there is a open port that is pointing down? If I had to guess it should be pointing up and have a valve on it so you can direct the solvent into the triclamp tee and flood bottom up, or close the valve to the triclamp tee and open the other valve that is not shown installed to flow the injection to the top of material column for top down flooding.

I cant tell which lid port is for recovery or bottom up dumping, but it looks like the port with the possible cross and yellow handle(possibly vac valve) is the recovery side, and the other is injection, but I cant figure out what the valve going horizontal is for.

edit: looks like the port that is facing down(that is attached to triclamp Tee above larger dump valve) could connect to the open horizontal valve port(coming off the lid) so you use the same column hose for both flood directions.

1 Like