Milking of cannabis roots

So Lets stir the pot
Anybody ever tryied milking the roots
With water or extraction of roots biomass witha solvent ?
If so what is there to find ?
There are Many. Compounds in roots in general
But what interesting compounds are there in cannabis roots ?

13 Likes

I was reading that some types of alkaloids are present in roots, but im not sure of the effects

2 Likes

Thttps://www.liebertpub.com/doi/10.1089/can.2017.0028

I’ve actually wanted to dry them out, grind them into capsules and mix with a low level assortment of cannabinoids.

3 Likes

Alkaloïds are a diffrent ball game make sure You know Wich You offer :grinning:

2 Likes

Which alks? Alkaloid extraction is a cake walk

2 Likes

This analysis names two, Cannabisativine and Anhydrocannabisativine.

1 Like

Hey guys, we’re looking into therapeutic properties of cannabis roots. There’s a good article called Cannabis Roots: A Traditional Therapy with Future Potential for Treating Inflammation and Pain: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/Downloads/Hemp%20Roots.pdf
Seems like a main component of the therapeutic properties could be the Triterpenoids (Friedelin and Epifriedelanol) and Monoterpenes (Carvone and Dihydrocarvone). Does anyone have experience with triterpenoids and how to extract and isolate them? I would imagine they can be distilled but at a higher temp than mono/sesquiterpenes

2 Likes

So currently been using it as a pain creme ,
Extracting in distilled water.

This week plan on running it on the cls pure propane maybe like a 1 lb run of roots ran through woodchipper
Will let you know what I find out ,

I do know with distilled water it works ! Some of the best pain creme

1 Like

Water will get half of it but alcohol will get most of it. I use it in all of my topicals.
if you extract enough of it, u can reduce it down to a sap.
I think there are triterpinoids and alkaloids that are present in the roots but not the rest of the plant.
It’s one of the ancient chinese medicines and used to be used throughout history as an aid for naseua and pain. Especially helpful for pregnant ladies that dont want to take anything that could mess with the baby

7 Likes

Wow, spilling the beans today… Do you by any chance sell the extract? I’d pick some up for my topicals

3 Likes

I think besides the triterpenoids and alkaloids, the roots would be high in immune modulating polysaccharides if you water extract

1 Like