Midwest hemp vertical integration leading to rec. mj. I need an adult.

Been lurking for 2-3 months. Have been passively thinking on ways to enter the cannabis industry for the past couple of years. Extractions, isolations, isomerizations are extremely intriguing to me, start up costs are not. Today I realized I’ve been approaching this wrong. I’m a 4th year apprentice electrician, and have done installation work with a company involved in lighting, air movement, and automation. I am from small farming communities and from that have association with people who farm for a living. Something I would like to address is the bottleneck from farmer to producer and the cost issues that exist on a retail level. We all know cbd at a retail level is priced too high, so how do we fix this? How do we keep the smaller farmers afloat and help them progress into something bigger? I’m aware that hemp associations exist, however I am looking to create my own network of people with the ability to convert to this industry. I have a bunch of possibly hair brained ideas, but I don’t have anyone with a similar mentality or insight to the industry to brainstorm with…

Someone, anyone… I know this where I’ll find you.
Looking forward to a response…

I admire your ambition, but the market is supply and demand, and those forces are larger than any of us. Those high retail prices are great if you are making money off the deal. Everyone agrees they will drop, but the margins are so ridiculous that it will still be very profitable even if prices drop a lot.

Low quality brown hemp grown to be processor bound raw material to make cbd isolate is basically worthless right now. The fda is holding everything back and will probably not change quickly. I don’t see the good old days of $7k per kilo cbd isolate coming back any time soon. There is still a future in hemp, but we all have to take a different path.

4 Likes