Michigan Want to Buy Current Culture

Which one of you cool peeps out there in Michigan have a Current Culture RDWC for sale. I’m only looking for a 4 site or 6 site setup because I don’t have much room, but a need a small system. I’m entering a contest with some other local growers about who can yield the biggest plants and best quality under a meter square, 1000w or less, and no plant pots bigger than 15 gallons per pot. We are only allowed to grow a max of 6 plants and all the rooms have to have cameras so no cheaters lol. We have a friendly wager of $2000. The last time we did this I won growing 2 plants in 10g pots for a total weight dry of 56 ounces. I have pics to prove it. Imagine what I’m going to do with 4 plants in RDWC lol.

2 Likes

Ive always built my DWC systems from scratch. I like undercurrent, but why not borrow their design and simply create it yourself? If you are only doing a 1 lighter, and limited to a meter square, forget about 1000w and 15gallon containers. Forget about 6 sites.

4 sites , check out a 650r or 630w cmh. I really wouldn’t even go over 5gallon sites for this. 1/4 hp chiller.

Edit: i got my bulkheads from growgreenmi.com which is of course local to your state. Maybe check them out. Otherwise, get the heavy duty totes at home depot.

Bro so funny you say that, I’ve done that many times. I’ve made RDWC with 27 gallon totes, using current culture bulkheads, uni seals and more. I just wanted to get my hands on a current culture (cc) site because I know there’s a ton of people selling them used now that the black market isn’t what it use to be. I saw a 24 sit CC system on Facebook for $1800 lol. Even if I can find a CC I will add a 3/4 bulkhead to the bottom of each system on a platform, so i can drain the water into my floor drain. I have a couple chillers from back in the day. The only thing that makes me nervous about RDWC is we live in Michigan… Power outages is a real thing.

1 Like

Shoot bro we went without power for 10 days straight last winter. Snowmageddon.

You are right about scooping up the cheap used gear, its a sea of guys tapping out. I like your idea of adding a drain I did not do that. If power goes out, a batter powered air pump and lantern will keep you alive til it comes back on if you have no generator.

1 Like

PA Hydroponics ships their systems nationwide. Shipping to MI from PA is like 30 bux.
A 4 site 8 gallon system is ~$500

13 gallon system for $625

They actually use CC bulkheads too.
Also they have a youtube channel explaining everything

1 Like