Michigan here looking for 5L or smaller Short Path

Looking for a small short path to learn on. I have a licensed grow facility in Michigan, and would love to start processing. I rather learn prior hiring folks for the job. Looking for a cheap setup, before we end up spending the big money on a commercial setup. I know about short paths and how everything works, I’ve been around 100k systems. I just have never ran the process myself.

1 Like

Can help

I’m sure you know this… licensed grows in Michigan are not allowed to do processing.

You will 100% need more than just a 5L SPD to make stuff anyway. Don’t forget extraction equipment (buckets if you really go cheap cheap), winterization equipment (because who wants fats in their evap/SPD), evaporation (because you have to remove the ethanol somehow…), and somewhere to store all of that stuff as well.

What are you wanting to make with the SPD? Are you deciding as a business decision to get a processing license in Michigan? As someone who just did this… there’s a bunch of hoops to jump through to make this happen.

Are you just wanting to do something in your house? What kind of product are you trying to make? You don’t need a SPD to make good rosin, for instance. Are you really wanting to make distillate products?

There are plenty of people who will sell you something to do this. You can legit get a very small unit to do this kind of work on Amazon (terrible but true, and not the best, but you aren’t looking for the best???). Don’t forget about other important things - like where the heat comes from, where the cold comes from, and where the vacuum comes from when thinking about a tiny system for your house.

And I assume house because doing it at your licensed grow would be illegal. Doing it at your house would probably be dangerous.

So be safe and don’t try to blow yourself up. HMU if you want more actual information on how to do this thing you are saying you want to do.

4 Likes

Im doing at home because this is all personal learning. Im not using any products from my license grow facility as that is illegal and against CRA rules. . I also have Caregiver setup which is also legally done. As for using the equipment to stay safe. I have completed over 100 bho runs which is much more dangerous than food grade alcohol or ethanol. I also have a degree in computer engineering and my best friend has a masters degree chemical engineering. I promise you we are 100% safe and don’t require a C1D1 room for food grade alcohol

1 Like

Hello, may I know do you still need short path distillation? please contact sindy@linbel.com for price. whatsapp:+86 182 6766 6787
thanks.

Do you have any located in the US? Im not trying to wait 2 months to receive the items

1 Like

Welcome to the future @2swizzle! I know you said cheap, but how about complete? Here’s a link to a 2 liter turnkey system that might give you more of an idea what you will need to get going:

You can go to UsaLab - in Michigan, drive there today and pick this up. 2L Short Path Turnkey Distillation | Boro Glass | USA Lab

If you already have vacuum pump and chiller then you won’t need as much stuff - and its available today you know? Like you can legit to go to their showroom and drive home with the stuff in your trunk. -shrug-

2 Likes

how long you want to receive dear friend? please contact my email or whatsapp. we will try our best to support you.

1 Like

Are you still looking for a complete Short Path system? We have a top of the line Summit Research system that is barely used that you could get for more than a 50% discount off retail value. Email or call Joe Chesmer: info @ amberwingorganics . com or 651 - 249 - 6410