Michigan Hash

So, I’ve been given a promotion to Lab Director of my company’s upcoming facility in Michigan. Was wondering if there’s anyone on here that lives in the state and could give me an idea of what the market looks like. I’m an avid consumer of hash myself, and am wondering what kind of products I can hope for, especially because I’ve heard that making crystals is illegal there.

Hoping I won’t have to be stuck with shatter and wax, I at least need access to some terpy stuff. Fortunately, I’ll be switching gears from CO2 to hydrocarbon, so if I’m genuinely SOL I’ll just make it myself.

4 Likes

Georgewaxhington on IG is a good place to start. You can find our gear at USA Lab Equipment while you’re out there.

3 Likes

I havent read anywhere on LARA website about any mmmp product being illegal. 6+yr mmmp card holder, grower, caregiver, etc.

Better hope you lnow where your product cones from. Many wanna-be growers selling tainted products

3 Likes

I’m currently a Colorado medical patient, so I would imagine I wouldn’t have any trouble getting a license there. That’s good to know the market is a bit sketchy, I might just stick to my own devices.

1 Like

I might try to propose growing crystals in terpenes to the bureau, if I can even do that sort of thing.

2 Likes

There isnt a person or company who “knocks on doors” for compliance checks unless your dumb, or have traffic.

Michigan also accepts out of state med cards

3 Likes

You will be good especially if you are going to be located in/near

• Ann Arbor
  • Lansing
  • Detroit
  • Grand Rapids

Those cities I know for sure you will be good. I’ve seen this guys stuff in a few cities and he’s just one of many:
https://www.instagram.com/five_star_extracts_mmmp/

Any questions feel free to pm me.

3 Likes

I’ll be in Lansing, I’m gonna dig through IG when I get home, didn’t even think of it.

2 Likes

just throw in your search ‘mmmp’ and you will find it.

1 Like

yeah, who needs OG when there’s IG :wink:

2 Likes

Making diamonds/sauce/whatever, is not legal right now because the bureau of fire and safety thought the method to do so is not safe. They are yet to have an “approved method”. I do not know who they observed or their process.

Hope this helps

2 Likes

@machomelts has by far the nest Michigan hash IMO need to check him if you haven’t

1 Like

Unless you use pan tec

We are currently one of the few state licensed facilities in Michigan. I am part of the reason they are not allowing diamonds, the BFS inspected our facility and freaked out on me about THCA. I am in the midst of writing up my approved method for them so I can begin making them again soon.

Where are you guys at with approval? Are you licensed by a municipality? Do you already have a building up and ready to go with equipment?

Getting the lab approved is no joke its a ton of work, the BFS is not very easy to deal with. Let me know what other questions you have.

4 Likes

I’m honestly not 100% savvy on the licensing details. I know we have a building secured and equipment is all quoted and ready to be ordered.

To answer your original question a lot of the market will be made up of topicals , live resin, rosin , carts and sauce. They haven’t said anything to us about sauce with thca inside of it. The whole “diamond” thing is just ridiculous though because if properly dewaxed and given time THCA will form.

The state is just learning a lot of this so it will be a touch and go process for quite some time.

2 Likes

From what I’ve read it seems their only concern is the pressurized butane. It seems like they think that’s the only way to do it, I’m sure once they have at least a handful of labs show them other ways of doing it then they’ll change their opinion.

3 Likes

Yes exactly. I just meet with the BFS yesterday about THCA when they were doing our final sign off on our processing facility.

Nice! Did they approve your process?

No not yet I need to still finish typing the process and then they do an on-site review . Just waiting until we get our processing license on the 29th before I poke the bear to much lol.

3 Likes