Messing around with processes

So I was messing around with my extraction process and I decided to leave a small slab of Sluricane oil in the vac oven instead of taking it out and flipping after the muffin and I got this…

It’s like the consistency of bread crumbs. Almost like crumble but not quite. Just curious what you guys think?

1 Like

Did you just leave the muffin in the vac?

If so, it’s similar to cotton candy tek.

1 Like

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/component/content/article/2-uncategorised/174-9-4-14-4-the-cotton-candy-extraction-technique?Itemid=101

1 Like

Looks like sugar in terp sauce to me… unfortunately because you’d already been using vacuum it might also have a somewhat taffy thing going on simultaneously.

2 Likes

Looks like it just nucleated and became “sugar”. How long was it left in and what was the temperature of the oven?

Left in for 12hrs at 94 degrees

1 Like

That’s exactly what I did

1 Like

I think I might of done this tech by accident one time while also experimenting with not taking it out after muffin. This was with a strain called Paris OG

1 Like

It came out a foam like consistency and was some of the best oil I’ve ever had

2 Likes

That brittle shatter thing can be achieved by shaking shatter in a frozen beaker. You’ll end up with little shatter chunks and if you do it right you can get it all out of the flask. If you don’t get it all out of the flask you can wash the rest out with etoh. It’s kind of a waste but it was a cool experience.