Manipulating crystal formations using cymatics

Seen here the sound waves create “walls” or nucleation points for the crystals to attach to

3 Likes

I chimed in on a different thread thinking it was this one.

Wouldn’t resonance hinder the growth of larger structures and make more “grainy” diamonds. Keeping it still and not, lack of a better term, agitating it. You are able to grow larger and more uniform structures, right? Maybe playing music might, but that would be resonance, as well.

3 Likes

Playing music has to many different frequencies, and as @Waxplug1 was stating, MP3 files are compact and not a pure frequency source.

1 Like

:mag::purple_heart: I really want to see this thread gain more traction

2 Likes

what do you think of setting a jar on one of these to decrease growth time?

4 Likes

This topic is also being discussed here-> Sonocrystallization - #44 by CrescentFreshExtract

2 Likes

7.83 hz is a low frequency, lower than most subwoofers go
Hz = cycles per second

It might work good for this since the solution is thicker than say water generally

anyone actually try this?

1 Like

does pink floyd make good crystals?

2 Likes

Only if you’re on something that makes you see something.

4 Likes

There’s a program I used to use that was geared toward serious audiophile usage i’d play FLAC files from - https://www.foobar2000.org/

Seems like it’s still updated regularly. I’ve had this thought several times as normally everywhere I go there’s music playing and just between playing music since I was a kid and being an electronics nerd I have fucking speakers EVERYWHERE. But anecdotally I used to speak to a former high level Microsoft employee during the more formative years in the mid to late 90s, he had just finished his time there and was INSANEO intelligent - did everything himself and didn’t trust anyone. Met him on a Linux group on myspace when I was like 14 or 15 asking him questions about how to fix some stupid problem and BSed every day after. After a month or so go he sent me a little 30 second video of one of the most hidden (and totally fucking sterile) grows i’ve ever seen. The house was built into a large formation of rock, totally carved and squared out to fit his house. In his garage he had a small series of coathooks for coveralls, one of which was a pull-out coathook which pushed the door out with a pneumatic/hydraulic actuator that opened up like a lambo door - inside was a totally soundproofed (on the non-rock backed surrfaces) with an extremely extensive hydro setup with your basic ever-cut configuration. He said he tried many, many, many different genres but classical always seemed to get the best results. (Edit: Bach and Motzart were his go-tos.)

I really wonder what happened to him, it’s been about 20 years since i’ve spoken to him and would love to see what he’s up to - just an impressive human in general that showed me you can apply the nerd-dom that’s inside of us all to this one plant we love so much. I wouldn’t doubt he thumbs through this forum every now and then so if he does, thanks Bob!

Edit Edit: How the fuck did I forget this? I recently moved one of my guitars into a flower room to gauge the difference between no music and music. The overall health of the plant didn’t change but sugar production seemed to be a little bit heavier. This was more just meant to be a personal thing so I didn’t think anyone would give a shit about the results outside of the wifey but maybe I should try again sometime. I would play about 5 times a week with the volume on 1 or 2 with a 12in. Orange tube amp Tuned down to C. Dirty channel with a Tubescreamer, Big Muff, Dunlop Wah and Earthquaker distortion pedal so it’s all distorted and very noisy waveforms.

2 Likes

50$!

Just ordered one to play bass with.

Edit just ordered this thing today to use as a controller https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMKZVkD .

May as well…

4 Likes

Dude for christmas my girl got me this fucking sick EQ pedal that has 2 outs so i’ve been cranking the low end and put one out into my fender BXR and the other into my jcm and my fucking god… if this doesn’t shake extra sugar into plants fuckin` nothing will

it’s the MXR KFK, holy shit it’s sick

3 Likes

That bong is 18"…

The controller works fucking perfect. They didn’t ship a speakON cable but they’re pretty cheap. All in all. Fucking worth it.!!!

6 Likes

Nice little cab, bet it kicks!

1 Like

I had to order sound proofing to put under it because it’s so good.

1 Like

Scroll to sources

2 Likes

How have i not seeen this thread?

DM me.

2 Likes
1 Like

I’ve been doing a lot of sonocrystalization R&D lately-
Cbd was stupidly easy, crashing out 60% yields from polished crude at room temp is pretty neat but making isolate is small bucks nowadays.

Working on THCa shortly-
Will report

10 Likes