Making wax, is elevation a factor

So We’ve just started experimenting with making wax, a lot of the information i’ve read on here tells me that I should have my oven set between 120 to 130 F. When making wax with hydrocarbon.
Now my question is ,should I take into consideration the elevation above sea level when programming my oven.
I ask because when I make RSO with my source turbo’s in​:canada: 249 meters,I have to set the elevation above sea level first before running. I will do more reading on this topic,and no the information is probably on here. I’m only putting it out there because it seems like 95F works well for me here , but that’s only with a little experimentation with one run, So basically none. and well you guys are the pros, and I’d like to learn from the best when doing things. So yeah thanks and :100:

1 Like

https://future4200.com/search?context=topic&context_id=112719&q=Altitude&skip_context=true

1 Like

I’d argue that anything above 100F is unnecessarily high, even at low elevations, but some people will disagree.

Vacuum level is more important gauge of how well you devolatilize your product after you pass 90F

10 Likes

What’s the end product you are trying to make? Wax is a rather broad term

4 Likes

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks

i’m looking to make honeycomb crumble.

2 Likes

Ah, yes. Don’t need to go as hot as you originally stated. You can definitely get it with enough agitation and around 95f in the oven. No vacuum needed.

5 Likes

Thanks guys.

1 Like

What type of honeycomb are you trying to make

10 Likes

Woah! @Dred_pirate. How did you get those shapes? Did you press mold in silicone ?

4 Likes

I believe what I’m doing right now is more like the second picture.

1 Like

Backside of a silicone waffle mold. Those are the indentations in the waffle. That was four years ago, too.

And ya, I’d whip the deuce out of it weigh out a gram and shove em in there and put em in the oven

8 Likes

Take it out, let it cool down a little bit so it’s not so soupy and whip it some more until it becomes opaque.

3 Likes

those are cool af looks like cheese blocks

3 Likes

Your products never fail to cause amazement, and wonder!

4 Likes

I like fucking around

9 Likes

now I feel like even fucking around should be left to the pros :cry:

Super pleasing to the eyeballs, man!

Dredpirate seems to bake the best cookies/waffles

3 Likes

And solventless dimes too

He’s quite the extract chef

2 Likes

That’s pretty!

2 Likes

Thank you, @Sidco_Cat. I had fun with em, as much as they were a pain in the ass