Making the most out of bad product and dewaxing in a reducer

could i dewax in my reduser columns and I’m trying to make the most out of some low quality product[Up? am planning on filling the reducer column with balls of crumpled up 25 micron screen (stainless steel). I have built a stainless steel jacket around reducer column it so it can be cooled with dry ice. Hope someone has some advice for this trying to make some low-quality bud a little bit more gold any advice on that would help a lot of thanks.

What size are your columns? And if your really trying to make a bad product good, Your probably gonna want to use a finer filter than 25 microns. Coffee Filters are a good rough filter to start but in order to really clean up some garbage…Your gonna wanna go lower to about 3-5 microns.

Most places sell paper filters for just about any size tri clamp spool there is from 1.5"- 12"

2 Likes

There are two columns both are two 36 inch columns stacked boath 4 inch in diameter and on the bottom it is a jacket in line dewaxer . Thanks for the advice I will try and find some really find high quality filters

There are a ton of options for your extractor. Especially in 4" Here are just a few. I use a combination of these 2 with filter paper in each.

https://www.bestvaluevacs.com/stacking-filter-plate-ring-kit.html

https://www.bestvaluevacs.com/filter-plates.html

With these Filter papers

https://www.bestvaluevacs.com/ashless-filter-papers-110mm-quantitative.html

And your pretty set to go

Im a little bit curious to you extractor set up though…i looked at your pictures and how exactly does your inline dewaxers work…They look a bit small for the application.

not the best photo. I built a jacket to fit the reduser and I think I’ll get 1/4"ball bearings to fill them and put a 2" filter for the bottom ! I’m hoping the ball bearings will cool the oil down more and pull out more fats Screenshot_20181031-000924|281x500 . the 2 bottom colums are 24" de waxers

You want the size of the dewaxer to have more surface area by being much wider than column

Also you want the full amount to fit in which didn’t look like it could

Dewaxer normally matches collection size

2 Likes

Maybe not the minumum but they should be closely matched. If you can collect that much gas safely. You need to be able to dewax the same amount of gas.

2 Likes

I would definitely take concern in this, listen to @Killa12345

Just don’t get hurt!

If those those are 2x 4"x24" spools then the max Nbutane you can hold in them total is 10.4Lbs total. If you plan to run more gas than that. You cant close the valve. That is 5.2Lbs each spool

Cylinder Volume= πr^2 h

Liquid butane has a density of 601.26 kg/m^3 which is equivalent to 9.85 g/in^3

Cylinder Vol x Density of Liquid Butane x .80 for 80% fill which is the safe level for gas

This will be less for mixed gases.

3 Likes

Columns and dewaxer and collection tank are all mis matched . I advise re configure your set up or add additional parts

2 Likes

I run it passive and it never gets above 5psi I feel like it is pretty safe. a run takes 3hours start to finish I get 10 lb of gas in each 20lb total we are aiming to get a brand new mashen 10b from extractor king. we are going to just run this sup till we can get a new one

I understand you run it passive. I understand about low psi as well BUT this is the big BUT.

IF YOU CLOSE THE VALVES UNDER THE COLUMN. THE DEWAXING COLUMNS CAN ONLY HOLD 5.2LBS OF SOLVENT WHEN THEY ARE COMPLETELY EMPTY. SO YOU OVERFILLING, AND CLOSING THE VALVE COULD POTENTIALLY CREATE A VERY DANGEROUS SITUATION.

If you dont close the valves under you spool and you collection tank can handle 20lbs of sovent…then go for it. BUT IF YOU PLAN TO CLOSE THOSE 2 VALVES UNDER THE SPOOLS. WELL THEN YOUR ONLY CREATING THIS PROBLEM FOR YOURSELF.

sorry for the caps but this is very important.

6 Likes

I’d say only run one material column and have it drain from the bottom through a hose to the right side where you can stack both 4x24 de waxers. Run 9lbs through a lb of your material and Freeze that solution of wax and butane in your de waxer make sure you apply stages of filters for your de waxer . Start from higher micron to lower micron giving space for fats to collect if running very fatty material. After 20-50min drain the solution letting it filter into your collection pot . Recover under 100 degrees and that should get you better material from trash

3 Likes

It looks like each column fits near 2lbs so I’d suggest also adding a second 4x48 de waxer next to it so each can hold the 9lbs from each lb . Unless you stack the 2- 4x48 making it 4x96 de waxer

3 Likes

@Cruzinlabs gets it. You need the volume for your gas. Both of the options he proposed are perfect ways to get this to work

3 Likes

Have the other column you have as a spare ready and filled so you can maybe add it while other bath dewaxing but may require another pump if you don’t run extra hoses and valves

3 Likes