Low THC results, a result from too much heat?

If you’re roto is at 60c, you’re going to be evaporating a lot of water. Just thinking if you wanted to maintain that temp, you should use something oil based so it doesn’t Evac. Just like @Concentrated_humbold said.

Also I think your second results were pretty decent for a first pass. I’d keep honing in your skills, but you’re definitely on the right “path” ( get it? Short path)

1 Like

Possibly keep your hot condenser hotter during your mains stage. Heads and shit will keep your potency down if they sneak in.

2 Likes

I’m gonna have to agree with you that this seems like a solid possibility.

the problem is the way you’re providing vacuum. the boiling point of ethanol at atmosphere is 78C, so if you can keep your bath above that temp, you’re not doing a good job of lowering the boiling point of your solvent.

which means you’re not sucking on it hard enough. are you cooling the water in your aspirator machine (watervac)? adding ice packs or dry ice to the reservoir can help with the vacuum level. cold water is denser.

do you have a gauge on the system?

are you auto-feeding the rotovap?
preheating the feed?

We have a -40 chiller that is keeping the condenser coils cold. The extract is fed In at room temp manually via side spigot. Our water vac is getting a full vac 760 reading on gauge. We have a exit spigot spout on recovery bulb we are draining when full (about every 30 min)

The reason is presence of both AC and clay in the boiling flask. Both have to be avoided here.

doesnt charcoal pull and trap thc when using it to filter?
I think you’re gonna end up with a lot of resin getting trapped in the charcoal

In the present, preferential THC sorbtion on AC is not the most likely explanation. It’s rather THC alteration to d8, d10, CBN and others, catalysed by clay and AC particles surfaces in hot conditions.

2 Likes