Looking for THC Remediation Jobs

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting here because I am currently looking for jobs in the THC Remediation field. I have extensive experience with Remediation via CPC and Reverse phase Flash.

In addition, I am also experienced with analytical chemistry and QA/QC using HPLC. At my old laboratory I was in charge of method optimization and development for a variety of different oils.

I am also experienced with Pesticide remediation via LLE.

If anyone is interested please let me know.

Desired location and salary requirement? Willing to relocate?

1 Like

Desired Location is in Colorado, however I am willing to relocate.

Salary is negotiable, however I do believe that my knowledge base is valuable.

Looking to get 6 figures ideally…

1 Like

6 figures to run columns all day? Shoot a lab in Boulder offered me $19/h when I got into this industry to do the same.

4 Likes

I’m not necessarily looking to just run columns all day like a technician. I am looking to improve the overall process of remediation for whatever company I’m working with. I believe that I will be able to improve yields, reduce costs, etc. Thanks for the response though, maybe 6 figures is being ambitious.

posting your credentials will probably be more helpful than stating you can optimize flash/prep chromatography.

1 Like

Very first job I had after college: running chromatography columns for an R&D company that manufactured novel lipid compounds. Pay: $14.50 an hour (SE United States)

I think it may be a bit aggressive asking for 100k unless it is some kind of management role at WELL funded startup AND you bring some kind of regulated industrial experience (food, drugs, etc), regulatory compliance etc PLUS several years already in cannabis. Just my 2 cents

I never want to discredit or shoot people down, but 100k is a large ask. I know chemists with around 10 years of experience make around $120k/year, but most techs make around $20/hr.

I know you say that you can optimize processes, but any company with enough captial to pay 100k/year for a person is wise enough to not believe written testimony, and most likely would rather find a PhD Chemist, or a student working towards a PhD.

I hope you are able to land where you want, but don’t post high salary expectation on a forum when nobody has a your CV, or even work history. Your knowledge is valuable, but the unfortunate truth is companies don’t hire people to maintain status quo - They want to pay you for the job and get the knowledge for free.

1 Like

They want to pay you for the job and get the knowledge for free.

Yup. And when they have that knowledge, they may not need ya anymore and just hire someone for 40-50K to execute the protocols you developed.

I know chemists with around 10 years of experience make around $120k/year, but most techs make around $20/hr.

For sure. And 120k is probably where a chemist could top-out salary wise and that is probably the top 10% of earners in the field. Majority might expect 60-80k for many years of experience. Chemistry is really cool and can be a great career if you really love it, but from a money standpoint, there are more lucrative options, some of which don’t even require a degree (Real Estate?). I don’t think 60-80k is anything to scoff at. That is great depending on where you live. Just my 2 cents…

Just because the industry standard is 20 an hour doesn’t mean follow the sheep.

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

7 Likes

Amen.

1 Like

I totally agree with this, but people should have tempered expectation. Shoot for me moon, but play your cards close to the chest when it comes to pay.

Chem eng is where the money is at

1 Like

Chem Eng. is where the money is at mostly because the term “chemist” typically implies exploratory work. Theoretical Chemistry, novel reactions, and your basic synthetic tool sets that are just complicated enough to prevent automation replacing the lab monkey, no matter how bitter suits are for paying them simply due to the technical dexterity and adaptability that makes a good chemist.

Chemical engineering is where men go to make an absolute assload (still nothing compared to administratives) of money in exchange for designing and optimizing production scale systems (Oil industry is the biggest magnet for Chem engineers).

Think of chemical Engineering as applied Mechanical engineering. Beyond the basics of general chemistry and into the systems they work with, Chemical ENgineers don’t actually research chemistry beyond “take new specific reaction and fully optimize it at Kilogram scale”. Its going to take a few years for cannabis science to mature to that level. Right now chemists are working on figuring out just what sort of chemistry is happening in these plants.

We’ll be seeing big bioreactor systems churning out shittons of single-molecule-product sometime in the next few years, but first chemists are figuring out which what’s valuable.

1 Like