Looking for submicron filter

Trying to find a submicron 90mm disc for inline isobutane. .45 would be great if anybody has any recommendations. I heard some of the submicron filters dont hold upto hydrocarbons.

Im not sure which ones that might work

1 Like

Did you end up finding some that worked well?

Yes i did.

5 Likes

arborfab.com Makes SS sintered media filters down to 0.1 micron also.

Edit: Just realized OP requested them in 90mm discs, arbor doesn’t make them that small.

6 Likes

I just saw that

1 Like

@sonicgardens whats the flow rate like with the filters and are you using them inline or with one of sterlitechs filter holders?

1 Like

Great flow w/o any powders involved. Inline with 3" filter stack. I use a cheaper 25 um paper as a backer for a tighter fit

2 Likes

So these filters actually fit in a 3” spool? I’m talking to steriltech about all the different types of filters they offer and they would love some feed back. I’m thinking of going with the spiral wound .1um membrane for color remediation

1 Like

1 um sintered disc would be perfect for that. Put a 5um paper in a filter stack above that

1 Like

Are you talking about the PES membrane?

1 Like

Indofab has 0.2 and 0.5 micron filters + housings

2 Likes

No the pes are .45 and .2., i use my filters in a stepdown process. The .45 and .2 are below the 1um sintered disc. Above the disc i use a 2.5 and a 6 from whataman Directly below my powders i use a 25. If you are worried about particulates from powders. The 1um disc is perfect. No need to go with expensive filters if you dont have to

These are substantially cheaper

Welded?

I’m talking about using a spiral membrane for full color remediation basically it should make water clear terps like @J12 and will also filter out bacteria

I nvr tried that

I know I’m just wondering how the PES worked for you and why you’re using them. I’m trying to give steriltech information on how there products work in this application and develop a crc column that has no need for media just a filter

2 Likes