Looking for someone to repair a lab Chiller in or around Kalamazoo Michigan

I have a Termo Tek chiller that I would like to get repaired. I’ve messed around with it a little bit but I don’t know enough about it to feel confident fixing it. Send me a message if you think you can fix it or know someone who can.

1 Like

I had a recirculating heater/chiller repaired in shelby township/ utica area last year. It’s on the opposite side of the state.

2 Likes

Wanna text or dm me the info on the repair place?

1 Like

I have to find the receipt. I didnt give that to you when you picked up the equipment?

I just ran thru a 1hp chiller. It ended up being a relay that burnt out.

5 Likes

My cell phone repair guy is a super star…

5 Likes

I’ll take a look maybe you did

1 Like

It should be in the big ziplock with the instructions/printout

1 Like

Is this a 1hp ecoplus chiller?

If so, mine did the same thing at the 6 yr mark.
Popped the top off and had to re-solder a connection, hasn’t had a problem since

2 Likes

The chiller I need fixed is a TermoTek and I believe the capacitor may be bad. I am not sure since it looked to be replaced at some point. Unfortunately cannot find anything online about the chiller.

Exactly, it seems like there was no enough room between the cover and pinched the wires.

They are cheap online. Swap it out just to be sure before you spend big bucks.

1 Like

This is what I saw when I took the control panel off.

3 Likes

No bueno

1 Like

That’s fucked! I can’t imagine spending the kind of money it takes to only find this… Sorry, that sucks

Is that the commercial unit?

Im close to Kalamazoo, if you find a place to fix it the contact would be appreciated to store for future reference. Thanks🤙

Here is who I used

1 Like

Is there a university nearby? If so, it likely has a small team of science equipment repair technicians in an engineering service lab. I have had great success hiring these folks for hourly work.

2 Likes

I will look into that. Thanks

Western Michigan is right there, but you might have better luck checking with MSU in Lansing

3 Likes