Looking for some suppository formulation guidance for a cancer patient

This is exactly what Dr. Paula MacFie said during our interview. She uses the “First Knuckle Rule” for insertion and says that even decarboxylated/active THC is not psychoactive in huge doses with this method.

4 Likes

yeah i cannot afford a consult for a personal project. I think i can figure it out from here.

cant be too hard. Take drugs; stick up butt

2 Likes

She is so generous. I am confident she would help you. She uses Cacao butter for stability and bioavailability and I believe she uses an extract like RSO

3 Likes

I am currently treating my wife with D9 suppositories. pm me for a first-hand account of results.

4 Likes

Been studying on properly formulating suppositories for a hot minute to help with my crohns as well as a few patients asking for us to formulate one. When these do hit the market, I’ll be selling them at cost to patients and a penny to all our cancer patients

Here is my first one

200mg total goal
Cocoa butter base
D9 distillate
Myrcene
Pinene

The first batch is strictly for me to test out, I plan on making another batch after I feel a little more confident in the product. Testing one of these out tonight

If all works out, I plan on some colorful packaging and marketing just to to draw some attention and educate patients on why they might wanna go the suppository route.

Name we’re currently going with… “Boof Bombs”

4 Likes

Using zaza style packaging on suppositories…

Genius.

We need cookies and supreme branded suppositories ASAP.

4 Likes

I recommend a more water soluble base than cocoa butter which will melt and leak. You really don’t want a lipid base because you’ll already be constrained by the membrane’s ability to transport hydrophobic compounds with the API. Also don’t recommend adding terps to a suppository, you may get complaints of burning.

5 Likes

I kinda figured which is why I’m testing the batch out myself first.

What would you recommend over the cocoa butter? Possibly glycerinated gelatin?

I’m afraid not allowed to tell you what we use. It is not glycerinated gelatine. Search your pharmaceutical excipients, you will find it

Fckin NDAs

3 Likes

Form whence the phrase: you can stick that NDA up your arse!!!

:shushing_face:

2 Likes

I’ve been doing some research on just that , I think I may know what you’re talking about!

1 Like

share with the class?

2 Likes

So I did try one after my post since I went straight home. I can’t say there was discomfort due to the terpenes but there’s definitely something lol.

It’s only been about 3 hours but there were some noticeable effects I’m noting;

1: My normal stomach pain has eased tremendously

2: The constant pressure I have in my solar plexus has been slowly decreasing. I haven’t had that since I stopped taking Ativan about 5 years ago!

3: So far no psychoactive effects noted. I haven’t consumed anything all day specifically to test this out. I’m gonna give it another 2 hours before I cave in and take a dab

There are some changes definitely needed to dial in but it’s a start

1 Like

I narrowed it down originally to 2 things if it wasn’t gonna be a glycerinated gelatin

Polyethylene glycol via fusion or a water soluble base

I’m going to guess it’s a water soluble base, not sure which one because I still got a lot to learn

2 Likes

It’s not that :wink:

FWIW, one of the soluble bases like soluscience might be worth pursuing but I have no personal experience with that

2 Likes