Looking for KD6 Thin film consultant to help boost THC levels, or help with parameters!

The Leybold Oil for vac

1 Like

I have gone as high as 170 evap/140 res/ 45 condenser on first pass near 9.0e-1, and 145-151 evap/140 res/ 95-100 condenser on final pass anything below 9.0e-3. I’ve used both turbo and diffusion type kd-6 steel units. I agree with an earlier post, I run the wiper very fast, usually around 240-300 rpm on all runs, and the output i’ve seen has been anywhere from 600 g/ h to 1100g/h on runs, with the 1.1L/h runs being higher % input material.

3 Likes

Don’t you also bleed your vac on your terp strip? That would make the difference on the terp strip temp.

Usually I dont, on the VTA I would have too or I’d start pulling cannabinoids because the vacuum was so low

Yeah same here. My rig will run between 40-60 mTorr on a strip pass so I can’t go much over 125-130

How high is too high? We typically stay at 350 but we can do as high as 2000

1 Like

@sourTM 2000 sounds dangerously fast. Our KD6 will wipe at 500 max. What make of overhead stirrer do you have?

You’ll know when you’re wiping too fast when you start flinging solids from your crude stream onto your condenser. Your distillate stream will darken or dark wisps will appear inline. In theory longer residence time on the evaporator via fast wiper speeds works - but it must be balanced with feed or you’ll degrade your distillate stream. I am with this school of thought, but I always start feed slow as to not oversaturate the evaporator. Some feedstock will not distill well at wipe speeds above 450, and some are dialed at 375. YMMV w/feedstock or if you’re running waste - respectively

1 Like

hey I work with a KD6 and want to get better parameters when running can you help?

2 Likes

If you are using CO2 crude like the OP that is the main problem.

Hi @0-TILL. Is this wiper speed in RPM?