Close topic

N/a
Can close thread

1 Like

What do your in-house analytics look like?

6 Likes

We aren’t doing any in house testing. We send off all testing to a 3rd party lab

We have had 30-40% d9 come back on previous reactions.

Looking for said consultant to come through with their own sop for 80%+ d9

I think you might be under the impression +80 is something that’s done regularly. Its not and its quite a feat to accomplish. some of the best labs are considering 70-80 a very impressive reaction.

What kind of chromatography equipment do you have in house? and im not talking about a crc column.

12 Likes

Without in house analytics you’ll never be able to reliably achieve the numbers you’re hoping for. Furthermore, any SOP that reliably yields that high of a d9 percentage will presumably utilize an organometallic catalyst. Organometallics are pyrophoric and will auto ignite in the presence of oxygen and water. I assume that your lab isn’t equipped to handle air sensitive reagents, am I correct?

12 Likes

Maybe I should get a van and put the GC in it, maybe there’s a market :wink:

I actually think I read an article on basically this business model that didn’t work out, I think it was in AZ too

4 Likes

I’ve been out there, they are not.

I really think they’d want there own seperate container away from the roto/wiper container or the BHO container for pyrophoric reactions

I definitely wouldn’t show them triisobutylaluminium

2 Likes

I am not interested in a method that could ignite oxygen

While it is more rare they’re definitely many groups achieving these numbers

As for chromatography we have a 65L column

Additional equipment besides what we currently have is not an issue

Looking for a solid consultant for the same thing, but to help me start a Lab from scratch. Please DM if interested. Willing to set aside a hefty budget for the project and into someone who really knows what they’re doing.

There’s a bunch of loudmouths like @Roguelab who doesn’t show proof but only has big bolloks claims…
.Can’t trust anyone in this cesspool of an “industry”

1 Like

@shockys The folks here are telling you the truth when it comes to having in house analytics. If you are doing conversions and you are unable to reliably and consistently obtain measurements of cannabinoid concentrations (among other things), it will be a perpetual uphill battle. I don’t mess with conversions but I do analytical chemistry and I can help you develop that capability. I’d be happy to help get you going with HPLC for your cannabinoids

6 Likes

I also know where an operating Agilent 1100 is for sale for around 8 grand with chem station.

Just one small piece of the puzzle to pulling off high d9 conversions.

3 Likes

I’m going to have to agree that 80%+ d9 at large scale and safely is not realistic yet, sure I hear rumors of these high d9 sops but no real proof yet.

Most safe reactions are going to put you in the 60-70% d9 range with the rest being d8, here’s some common routes ran at large scale and d9 numbers (rest being d8) I’ve personally seen on them.

zinc bromide/chloride in heptane: 65-75%
phosphoric in heptane: up to 77% but this method often makes a pink/reddish distillate
phosphoric in ethanol: up to 60% but more commonly a 1:1 d9:d8

I’ve heard some good things about room temp reactions with ptsa and toluene but haven’t tried it yet.

As @Ennui said high d9 methods are likely to use a pyrophoric like triisobutylaluminium but even this method isn’t scalable for more than a couple kg from what I’ve heard.

I’m genuinely curious if there is a safe route to get 80%+ d9 however.

This was a recent run someone I know did with ptsa:

quickd9

There’s another acid that’s similar to ptsa I’ve heard can hit up to 80% when ran in a combination of two solvents under the right parameters and I plan to do some R&D with soon but as of now the above 74% d9 coa is the best I’ve seen with a safe method at large scale and that also produces a normal colored distillate.

2 Likes

My wife don t mind if I loose get s here some extra quality time :joy::joy:

Now if you excuse me ; I gota go and skip me some rope :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Could one come to a conclusion what reaction was implemented in the process if they saw abovr 90+% d9 and about 3 % cbd and a couple of other minors?

Do you know if the hplc still available?

Yeah I believe it is. Let me reach out and verify.

2 Likes

Where r you located ?