Looking for Any Opportunities to Learn about Cannabinoid Chemistry from Distillation to R&D

Hi Everyone,

I am new here but am trying to get my name out there. I have a Biomedical Pharmaceutical Sciences degree with a minor in Biological Sciences and am trying to focus on medicinal chemistry and pharmacology to work towards research and development of medicinal compounds from natural sources mainly focusing on cannabis. So far I only have experience in major company pharmaceutical labs such as Charles River Labs for research and development but would love to take my skills to the cannabis scene. I am wondering if anyone has any opportunities to learn more skills that may be helpful such as distillation or analysis techniques, etc. I am currently working on a trip to Reno to learn CBD to D8 THC conversion and hope to continue to find support to learn more and enter job opportunities to further cannabinoid research and medicines. Please let me know if you know of any opportunites to learn or get into a career as I am willing to work for free or pay for your time or whatever it take. Thank you for reading and I truly appreciate your time.

Where are you located now?

More than welcome to give you a tour if you’re ever in the southern KY area

3 Likes

Currently located in Southern New England but am willing to travel!

1 Like

A good starting point would be to join https://icrs.co/

1 Like

Definitely will join today thank you!

Would you suggest being an associate member? I have a bachelors in biopharm sci and biological sciences. Which would you suggest?

Yeah that’d probably be best - it’s a good marker to show your commitment to the industry and the annual conferences & networking are great

2 Likes

Ill teach you everything I know if you clean all my glassware for a month… :joy:

Just playin, but serious at the same time… :smiley:
Good luck on your search for knowledge, cannabis chemistry is some interesting stuff!

9 Likes

I believe we have talked before on IG; I have facilites all over michigan; if you ever wana be a fly on the wall at one; you know how to get in touch with me.

3 Likes

Thank you so much hold you in very high regards and have family in Flint so will definitely be in touch!

1 Like

would this be a good place for someone farely new to the idustry? i work as an extractor in Arkansas looking to further my basic knowledge of cannabis chemistry. I dont have any degrees but im a quick study :wink:

That’s more pharma/research focused, I honestly wouldn’t drop the cash on it if you’re just starting out - I’ll try to think of some better alternatives.

1 Like

Personally I wouldn’t recommend joining the industry right now. Pay is just ok, and the actual work is typically not great. A lot of companies that don’t have their shit together.

Edit: I see you’re already working in extraction, my bad. Anyways, better ROI pursuing other industries IMO.

4 Likes

What cultivator are you with if you don’t mind me asking?

Brandon we work together lol

2 Likes