Looking for a used Rotachrom

Hello there
Looking for a used Rotachrom
Thank you

I know where there is one

What’re you gonna use it for?
I heard those things aren’t what they’re cracked up to be.

A buddy of mine bought the 700k smaller scale version; says its solvent usage is so high that with the decline of the market he barely breaks even; its unprofitable to run; perhaps the 1.3mm version is a little more efficient; but CPC is not an ideal tech at this point in the game.

1 Like

Yep. I only knew of 2 people out here who got one and neither one ever had it running consistently at any point. Huge waste of money.

1 Like

Lol same.

With our CPC (gilson not rotachrom though) we’ve had excellent results in terms of our yields/efficiencies. As long as you have the infrastructure to fully recover the solvents you use during CPC there is only the labor and utility cost associated with running it, which in my experience has made it a much more cost effective option than flash.

The throughput can leave something to be desired, but the theoretical ROI is worth the cost IMO (as long as you have your supply chain in order).

EDIT: also side note I’ve heard awful things about rotachrom

3 Likes

I appreciate the insight @CO_Chromatography

1 Like

No problem I enjoy repping the CPC lifestyle LOL

2 Likes

I would even argue CPC>CRC.

lol hope its not the same one, the one I’m referring about is in a sea container. lol

Be better off running a 6x48 column with C-18 and nitro push.

Half the solvent use and a 20th of the price to purchase and twice the output.

We have two large units and a smaller unit available for sale. Very flexable on price. Pm for details

I got that