Looking for a Organic/ Synthetic Chemist

Looking for a organic/ synthetic chemist who would be interested in leading a bio-pharmaceutical startup company focused on producing API’s derived from industrial hemp. From going from initial R&D through large scale production. Pay will be based on experience and starting around $60/hr for initial R&D and going above $100/hr as a base pay with bonuses and other incentives including equity once we get into production. The company will be focused on developing and producing Cannabinoid API’s derived from industrial hemp based products. We are backed by very deep pockets and have money from several hundred thousand for initial R&D phase to tens of millions or more as we get into the production phase. The position will be based on the East coast and willing to pay for relocation expenses and housing for the right candidate. Just shoot me a message if you might be interested or you know someone that would fit well into this position.

Anyone worth it is going to want equity, and rightly so.

2 Likes

Depends if you believe in that company or business model. Cutting your wage down and taking a % of something worthless isn’t always a good deal.

90% of the time you only get $$ out of a startup if they sell. If you don’t see an exit strategy, a $150-200k/year position is always a nice option.

4 Likes

Yeah $60 an hour for the person that will literally make your company is super low, especially if you actually have deep pockets.

1 Like

Treat your people right and they will bring you to success! A chemist of that caliber is going to want more than $60 on startup I’d imagine.

1 Like

I have 5 years experience in Extraction, I’ve won several awards for my extracts as well as hard pressed tablets. I have both distillation, Etoh Extraction an Hydrocarbon experience. Ive done alot of R&D work designing my THC an CBD tablet formulas . Looking for a good group of ppl to work for.