Looking for a heated centrifuge

Looking for a heated centrifuge to try out some tek. Only one under 4 grand I could find was the one from Viking Supply. Are those legit?

How large

I been fxking with hot spin cycle

1 Like

A bench top one to start

I believe he’s talking about using it for separation not extraction. I.e. separating sauce from crystals. Mich cheaper units on ebay that aren’t heated. Could you warm your oil a little first? I’ve seen plenty of people using non heated just fine.

1 Like

The rapid movement should heat it naturally

7 Likes

@TRIPPIE is rite, I run two 2000ml swing bucket fuges and by spin #2 we dont need to warm the diamonds up in the oven anymore to get good separation, I believe a heated centrifuge is just a normal centrifuge

7 Likes

Im thinking about trying to dewax rosin through mechanical separation and i feel like i need to melt the material down a little bit for it to actually separate out rather than simply centrifuging without any heating.

All centrifuges put off a heat signature.

I would suggest preheating your material as well as taking the temp of your fuge when its warm

3 Likes

I run my refrigerated fuge at 40C.

It has no heater.

If it didn’t have refrigeration it would run hotter.

1 Like

This cat builds custom heat mats and will mold to fit. Are just leave the fuge running for a bit, before loading it will warm itself up depending on how hot you need it.

Am I crazy or can’t you just run a hot fluid in the jacket instead of cold and make it a “heated” centrifuge aka a normal centrifuge?

Most industrial chemical processes actually run at room temp or hotter. This industry is unique in that we require super cold temps most of the time. I wouldn’t think it would be that hard to find a heated (normal) centrifuge.

Only if the manufacturer has taken your use case into account when spec’ing lube and seals on the bearings. Refrigerated centrifuges were built because without said cooling a centrifuge will get HOT!!

If OEM expects you to chill the jacket, and you heat it, lube will thin & may drop. From there things can go sideways fast.

2 Likes

They self heat from friction with the air. Thats why you only see refrigerated centrifuges.

3 Likes

also why you can pull vacuum on the faster ones.

you don’t get to hit 100,000 g’s without making gone with the air first.

3 Likes

One just needs to run it for a few hours to make it hot. I’ve ran modern Rotina centrifuge for 7+ hours at 4500 rpm without the cooling system. It gets to about 40-45°C.

2 Likes