Looking for a ~5lb closed loop unit

Preferably Colorado located, but can travel if need be. Post what you have or could offer for units around a 5 lb range, or excess parts to help contribute towards building something from scratch.

Thanks!

@Killa12345

Hes the resident cls go-to guy.

4 Likes

I got some 50lb tanks for a good deal.

4 Likes

I have a Precision PX1 machine…
Like new Julabo Fp90-SL
1500W bucket heater
Nitrogen bottle
Vacuum pump

All for $50k

1 Like

How much?

1 Like

https://kdlabinstrument.com/Closed-Loop-Extractor/
Hello, do you need to buy closed loop extraction equipment? If necessary, please send me an email (info@zzkdinstruments.com) or tell me your email, I will send you detailed product information and prices, thank you

preferably 10k or less, looking for a passive option with a 4x36 dry ice sleeve column.

I have an open source steel extraction posted for sale

I built my closed loop for right over 6k. 5-6lb set up (depending how tight I pack the material)

1 Like

I built one that’s been in storage for awhile and I would probably be willing to part with it for under cost since I can’t use it and probably won’t be able too for awhile. It’s got 4x48 dry ice sleeve column, color remediation column, molecular sieve column, dual condensing coils for recovery/injection. The 12" collection vessel has a jacketed hemispherical collection base so pour out is extremely easy. DM me if you’re interested and we can discuss more

3 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong but wouldn’t a 6x48 dry ice sleeved column be better for 5LBS with a 12x24 collection vessel/honey pot and a 12x24 solvent tank? Having everything 1/2" for recovery if passive and having a jacketed splatter platter for recovery but only for warm water and still passively push everything. … but at that rate you may as well get a trs21 and a giant ass coil

3 Likes

I have a 4x48 spool, 50lb solvent tank and a 10x24 collection with a hemi lid that adds a little headspace.

It works like a dream.

You can fit way more than 5lbs in a 6x48

If I were running a 6x48, I would want a 100lb solvent tank

I’m driving and I didn’t do the math of what a 12x24 can hold. Maybe it would be 100lbs

1 Like

Youre pretty spot on, its tough to fit a full 5 lbs in the 4x48 but not impossible. I would maybe even go up to 12x36 for collection and the solvent tank is gonna have to be able to hold ideally 50lbs of gas for a 10:1 ratio.

You would be correct, I forgot to clarify 5 wet lbs is a system ideal for what im looking for, closer to 3lbs dry.

Wrong.
A 5lb sytem uses a 12x12 collection and a 6x48 dewax

Hes talking about dewax not packing in material. A 6x48 only holds 25 lbs of solvent.
I use a true 100# tank on a 8x48 not a 6x48. That only needs 50# of solvent.
A 12x24 holds 48lbs of solvent.
Edit: you do realize that 50lb tanks only come with 24 lbs correct? And 100lb tanks are generally 75-100 lbs of actual solvent in the tank. So of you wanted to use a full 100 lber you would need a 10x48 column. And a 12x50 collection pot

6 Likes

Thank you for clearing that up about the Dewax.
I’m not talking about buying a tank of butane. I’m talking about a stainless 60lb (so they call it) tank with an 80 percent fill. Which is 48lbs. So right under 50. I will be more clear in the future.

So you are running around a 5:1 gas to material ratio? I run ~8-10:1 depending on how tight I pack my column.

1 Like

5:1 no need to go higher. I pull 17+ % yeilds

1 Like

Different strokes different folks.

3 Likes

I have two 5lb for sale. 3500 for both. Package deal

2 Likes