Looking at all methods of THC remediation in CBD distillate

Brillant the O part

Gah, balls. Well, in any case, it looks like D10 isn’t listed… Yet.

It gets even more complicated though. D8 isomerized from hemp cbd isolate should technically be legal under the farm bill but is scheduled by the dea explicitly.

The other cannabanoids formerly scheduled under the analogue act should be legal unless explicitly scheduled. Im not a lawyer, dont go building a business on that info

7 Likes

When it comes to the DEA, I think erring on the side of caution and staying away from explicitly listed compounds would be prudent as to not end up in a long nightmare of a legal battle fighting for my freedom. Thanks for the link, though. I’ll definitely be doing more research and consult with an attorney before I go this route with D10. Club Fed is an institution I actively try to avoid becoming a member of.

2 Likes

Can anyone link me to the structure of d10? Apologies for the basic info request.

Most isomers are listed for most drugs. If the MW is the same and they have the same functional groups they they are often considered explicitly listed.

This is super theoretical but it should be easier to separate thc from cbd if they were a bit more different, right? So I notice that cbd is a diol, and thc contains only a single alcohol functional. So if they were protected using something that could be removed under neutral conditions, cbd would be more altered and have a much larger molecular weight than the change that thc would undergo. So this would make fractional cystalisation and chromatography most facile, in theory. Finding a perfect protective group and workup could absolutely isolate the two easily, but I say this with the extreme caution that achieving that goal may be a lot (LOT) of work, or not.

1 Like

@QGA gave those hints a while ago
I don t have the chemistry background for that but i know several compound production paths Where i Ad to separate. And remuve to isolate

2 Likes

I can teach you how to make isolate on large scales quickly and efficiently but i do not sell or tell about any information of me removing thc from crude and distillate :frowning:

2 Likes

Aaahhhhrrrgggg darnit
Develop that new teck asap and sell me the old :+1: Busy with tesis ? I hear
Go get em🤜

2 Likes

Working on it

2 Likes

THC MW 314
THC Ester MW ~464

CBD MW 314
CBD diester MW ~600

Deprotection should be facile and not isomerise the CBD and the vast different in weights of the derivititives May allow easy separation.

Incredibly theoretical and untried. I have never used this protection scheme for anything and never done this. Something like this can be achieved however doing so with no background may be uphill af.

6 Likes

Hi I’d really appreciate any insights into scaling up isolate production. I’m looking for a 10x increase in production from 2kg to 20/day. Could I get in touch with you about some of my potential next steps and ideas? Thanks for your expertise

1 Like

Hi There, I’m in process of setting up hemp processing plant in Europe and would like to connect with someone who could help on consulting basis to develop process of THC remediation from winterised crude and distillate retaining broad spectrum of minor cannabinoids. Thanks.

What volume are you planning to process on a daily / weekly basis ?

Thanks @Roguelab for info in another thread.

1 Like

The only difference between ∆9-THC and ∆10-THC is the position of the double bond, either between c9 and c10, or between c10 and c10a using the dibenzopyran numbering system.

1 Like

What experiment are you referring to?

Has anyone actually been successful with a liquid-liquid THC remediation method?

We also tried (unsuccessfully) to degrade the THC in a rotovap - full vacuum, 24 hours… distillate turned very dark so we were hoping something actually happened but whatever “evaporated” or “degraded” wasn’t THC or CBD, in fact the concentrations of both went up pretty significantly. So that was a flop.

We’re trying a liquid-liquid experiment, but I’m not sure if we’re actually doing anything. Waiting on the test results. But in the meantime, any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

LLE does work but you lose all the minors along with the THC