Live testing?

Hello! Curious if people test their live raw material before extracting it? Heavy metals & cannabinoid content or will the water content not give accurate result? Thanks!

3 Likes

Yes, but we dry the material to remove moisture before testing.
A mini extractor may be a good choice and you can do a bench top extraction then test the extract for your heavy metals, pesticides etc.

flower itself may not fail your tests but that same flower extracted could very well throw up a fail.

8 Likes

Yeah we calculate moisture loss and water activity even if we are handed fresh bud or hemp.

Good looking out and thinking ahead, damn plants would take the gold out of a gold mine if you let them…

Since I have it in front of me, testing buds with less water weight won’t get you higher results, but it also let’s you know we dry them as we prep for cannabinoid testing:

6 Likes

Very true and good advice :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for the info everyone

2 Likes

you got references for that?

once upon a time I worked for a Hemp company by the name of Liquid Gold…the concept of pulling actual Au with hemp is rather appealing.

3 Likes

@cyclopath Nope. Never heard of it. Sorry to get you excited, just practicing my “weed is legal” Texas accent.

3 Likes