Live resin smells like plant material

Just pulled a live resin run and it smells like green plant material… like no terpenes… anyone have this issue. I know material froze in field before harvest, then has been thawed and re froze, not completely thawed…

Is that what it smelt like before running it?

My live was always so good I’d have sticky nose bc I couldn’t keep it out the jar… totally missed the frozen and thaw comment

1 Like

Its because its been thawed and frozen again

3 Likes

Live is the trickiest in regaurds to planning a harvest . I dont even do it to my own crop cause its too much work. If you never go above 70 f ever in drying and curing and during recovery and purging you can get very close results to live so thats what i do

3 Likes

Even the initial freezing step should be conducted with care, in order to get the optimal preservation of the material. It should be shock frozen, in few seconds, though the use of liquid nitrogen. And then it must be maintained frost until extraction. The extracts must finally be carefully dried out. And there you get incredible smells.

3 Likes

Yes, I have done many live resin runs with fresh frozen. Just never had one like this… Yes after I thawed some out it is exactly what it smell like… premature. Almost smells like tattoo artist soap.