Listing ingredients

Due to all the shit going down, i am looking at listing my ingredients. My problem is that I just use terp blends like most people here. When I check out the SDSs they consider these terp blends as food flavorings. So basically, is anyone listing ingredients and are people listing every terp and additive from the blends or listing them as food flavorings?

1 Like

Great question. I feel we need to strike a balance between being transparent but not getting into the “weeds” so to speak with listing ingredients. Giving the people the pertinent information is crucial but listing all the terps out by name may be more than needed in my opinion.

stating which terps, and in what concentrations, is actually relevant information for at least some consumers. I don’t have an example of the packaging in front of me, but there is at least one local outfit here in OR that does call out the first 6-8 terps in any of their extracts. it fits on the 3x5(?) bag they use for outer packaging and looks good.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update, the regional and national brands I am seeing here in VA don’t go into that much detail. I can see where a percentage of the public would want the more detailed info.

I know this guy that goes into the dispensaries and buys product based on the terpene composition. He knows that certain terps make him feel a certain way and avoids them. I guess I do the same thing but I just smell the product. Can’t smell a vape pen

4 Likes

Cannabytics has as solution
You ask them to make the coa of tour product and the send you a qr code
Not sure if thats the right name for it
You print this code on the label and when scand your custumer gets relaid to the coa on the web
Nice

5 Likes

There are also very simple sites that create qr codes that u can print and use however u choose to link to anything you want. I think this would be a great idea to provide a lot of info on products without making your package look like giant ingredient label

2 Likes

I used to list the top terpenes back in the medical days of CA and people really loved the info, they would keep the packaging that made them feel the best and request concentrates that are similar to the profile I gave them. Knowing what’s in your concentrate is really nice for newbies
Heres an example

8 Likes

@Roguelab mate, have you tested if cannabytics were somewhat accurate? the test i got beat up on was from them on here, and ive gotten many in that realm, very high tests %

Used the QR codes for the clean extract on my labels from them.

1 Like

Yes they are somewhat accurate
Not in the very low s and not in the very highs < 3%>95%
They use Hplc but have very short retention times so I have been told
I prefure nova research also not perfect but 24 hour service and cheaper 35€
For cannabinoid content

1 Like

what is retentions times? -

back then we discussed the percentage on kief in todays world, since the tests from them i have on commercial kief all have tested 80-94% total cannabinoids. 60-75% in thc

Whahaha you got screwed inpossible
Sorry to hear that mate on kief ?

1 Like

yes sir, you also joined in on the convo back then i got the same response haha :smiley:

but most definitely, upwards in the 90’s think i have 12 kief tests all in the 80-94

In my tread help!!! A fellow member gives a good explanation of retention times have a look

Mutha fu:()$& thats rediculous. Damn so why Bother to distill
Cannabytics outsourses his readings to a usa based lab thats why it takes a week to get answers

i have one just made recently

…whooa

Man check out Nova research
You send by mail once received 24 hours you have it all with cartogram

I list all ingredients. Small print if needed. It’s called full disclosure.

2 Likes

I definitely will, i was just looking for the lab you mentioned back then when i wrote in this thread just now

Im late for bed, terrible late.

1 Like