Liposomal melatonin and Methamphetamine

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25407782/

Lets play formulation think tank:

Your patient is a habitual Methamphetamine user, your task is to mitigate as much harm caused via their use as you can using only the ability to offer this product at no cost to them-

What is your solution ?

1 Like

Take their drugs away

8 Likes

Most meth users get to the point that they don’t really care about their health much any more. Some, a rare few really, manage to keep their use at fairly low level, low harm, responsible levels. These would be the people to try to appeal to. Unfortunately, most users are just getting high as a kite while continuing a downward spiral to destruction, loving it the whole way.

It would be good to find a treatment to help restore dopamine activity for ex tweakers that have permanently damaged their dopamine system. Ex hardcore coke and/or crack users could benefit from something like that as well.

5 Likes

It would be fun to give crackheads dabs and then ninja dab them with a gram dab at the last second

3 Likes

throw them in jail

Joking, besides the obvious of quitting usage, i dont think there is a “safe way” to consume meth.

But i would think doing whatever you could do to boost/preserve their liver function, and maybe 2-HTP supplements.

I had one dude who thought dabbing large raw CBD Crystal’s could be an effective route of replacing the ritual of smoking it, but idk it’s hard for me to empathize with that as I’ve never been addicted to anything besides nicotine and caffeine.

Easiest answer is quit before it kills you but idk, maybe some other members have better insights than I do.

5 Likes

Whenever I ninja dab people, I stick a glob in the carb cap lol

4 Likes

You mean Adderall and kaht aren’t safe?

3 Likes

You got me there :joy::joy::joy: addys arent made with drain cleaner in a plastic bottle tho :joy::joy::face_vomiting:

3 Likes

@Ruwan doesn’t make his in a plastic bottle

4 Likes

I wonder if Columbian labs use pandas to spin the leaves after extract nowadays

8 Likes

I agree. Even with some pharma grade Desoxyn, it still isn’t 100% safe. There’s the dopaminergic degeneration, along with inherent neurotoxicity.

There are some legit therapeutic uses for meth like treating Parkinson’s tremors, fighting narcolepsy, and fighting severe obesity. A treatment to fight side effects for this group of people could be legitimately beneficial.

3 Likes

Hahahahahahaha

so that’s why I keep getting spout orders in south america

2 Likes

Even though addies are pharma, they are definitely able to ruin a person in the same manner and speed at which illicit street speed can. Just no weird fish smells.

3 Likes

These people should be encouraged to get healthy, it sounds harsh but this kind of practice is just going to further enable use.

Can forget fighting the allied powers in world war two!!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/65788-world-war-ii-nazis-methamphetamines.html

This always blew my mind, pretty sure the US did it too, but not 100% sure

2 Likes

I’m sure a person with Parkinson’s or narcolepsy would love to get healthy.

In the meantime, methamphetamine has been shown to reduce tremors in Parkinson’s to the point of giving people their lives back for while. @future was discussing how cbd and cbg have show similar benefits, so maybe the meth can be avoided.

Narcoleptics can’t do most things we can if they are falling asleep randomly all day. I’m sure most would love to avoid amphetamines, whether methylated or not, but there isn’t much of an alternative there.

Your point stands for the obese. Many other options to explore before resorting to meth, and a potential life long habit. But still, it could still be considered a legitimate option for someone who is unable to undergo surgery for a gastric bypass and suffers from some crazy hormonal weight gain situation.

I’m no doctor, and not trying to promote meth. Just saying, bad things aren’t always bad. But really, please don’t do meth!!

5 Likes

I’ve read many different times that we have, and still do give some pilots on long missions amphetamines to stay alert. Pretty much the same thing.

Also, the Birch Reduction was invented by Nazi scientists as a way to quickly and easily produce methamphetamine in the field to fuel the war machine.

3 Likes

I dint think people who take adderall have the same level of dopamine deficiency as someone who uses meth.

The original question was concerning habitual meth users.

No argument that there is a use for adderall.

1 Like

I just want to point out, cause I hear this too often in circles, yes, amphetamine salts and methamphetamine are very similar, at high doses especially.

But to compare Adderall usage to the average tweekers habits is a huge fallacy.

Adderal they take maybe 30mg a day, a meth user will blaze down 1000mg no problem.

Dosage counts, way it’s administered counts.

Come on guys, we know better. And well, duh to this paper. It takes years before an addict gets back to whatever normal for them is.

Blowing out dopamine pathways, after habitually stimulating those pathways, is kind of “no s*** Sherlock”

Also why I can’t stand people that are 1, proud of the highs they achieve (like good job flexing your addiction) and 2, people that talk about them like they’re talking about candy bars.

Most people are basically walking idiots, and shouldn’t play with the fires they do, and have no conceptualized idea as to the things they are doing to themselves ( I don’t even exclude me from this rule)

5 Likes

Good point. Most don’t, but some do. They start out all casual like, until they are eating 200+ mg a time, many times a day, for days on end. I have seen it first hand unfortunately. Usually they end up on meth, unless they have an amazing addy hookup. But by the time they are willing to admit they are basically meth heads that don’t do meth yet, they are just as permanently messed up as a regular meth head.

Back to the original question, I doubt a little melatonin will help much compared to a rampant meth problem. College kids taking a few pills to cram for exams could benefit from it though. Just my non medical educated guess.

1 Like