Let's Talk Bubble Hash: Paddle vs Machine vs Drill

What are the differences people have experienced between using a Paddle vs a Machine vs a Drill?

What are your thoughts about yield and quality? What techniques are being used with a paddle , what techniques are being used with the machine, what techniques are being used with the drill? What micron series do you prefer/has given you your best results.

What is your favorite kind of paddle, machine and drill?

2 Likes

Bubble magic 1 million times over the paint mixer drill if your going for marketable hash.

If your going for yield and not giving a shit. The drill is gonna get the job done.

Working by hand in a walk In freezer is ideal.

4 Likes

What’s the standard tek being followed for bubble hash via machine? I follow Frenchies tek.

He seems to know the most

A drill is too much. Is that bubble magic basically a portable washer?

3 Likes

But it’s a magic portable washer.

7 Likes

IMO I prefer the washers over a drill any day and as far as sop I feel I’ve consistently gotten a higher grade hash by not filling my work bag with ice just machine itself and a heavy focus on maintaining a 32*f water temperature.

2 Likes

The liquid bleach port is for color remediation lol

19 Likes

I’ve used the same washing machine frenchy used to use, but mine broke after a few weeks.
It was the bubble-o-lator from milahhashqueen.

Either way, my theory on the difference in yield between a drill with paddle or a washing machine is that the only agitation in the machine is being done by the current of the water, instead of actually beating the plant into smaller bits.

Speed wise yea if u need to process into a ton of food/infusion grade.

For quality, hand wash > machine > drill
For yield/time ^ reversed

So check with your customers demands, and how ur team processes best.
Find a nice middle ground.

Now we just need a paddle/drill attachment that CAN’T break fresh frozen plant material into bits that can get into the final bags.

Just dry the stuff in the freezer and it ends up a very pale color, looks higher quality.

But is it high quality?

Is it a viable idea to use a chest of dry ice to freeze dry bubble hash?

It’s not. Lyophilization is the process that goes on in freeze dryers. If you look that up you ll get the gist of how freeze dryers function.

1 Like

Just did and thank you for that. :octopus:

1 Like

How long in a normal kitchen freezer does it usually take to dry fully?

I couldn’t tell ya but would say to avoid such an approach because I’m sure it would degrade your terps.

3 Likes

I made more bubble hash last night and I used 220um>73um>25um

So I had some dry ice left over from something else and I put the last ran 25 um on a piece of parchment on a pan on the dry ice for about 8 hours and then grinded it in my regular grinder put the hash on parchment and now its dried out completely after 4 hours on parchment after I grinded it … tastes good to me

1 Like

CrC washer

1 Like

Wait if a drill and the high rpms make garbage bubble hash then why would someone advertise a centrifuge for bubble hash?

Two very different actions right there