Legality of buying THC Distillate in Colorado

Pretty ignorant question on my part I think, so I apologize in advance. But as far as colorado regulation is concerned, can anyone buy multiple liters/kgs of THC distillate? Or do you have to have special permits to purchase/possess that high of an amount?

You have to have a license to purchase wholesale. Otherwise you’re restricted to personal purchase limits.

3 Likes

Hey ExTek90
Do you know if the same would hold true if distillate is hemp derived?

1 Like

That would almost certainly depend on the supplier considering most of the hemp stuff seems awfully vague to me.

I do know that hemp products are being registered in METRC now, so, perhaps not anymore.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response. Any idea what kind of repercussions you would be looking at if you didn’t have the license? Say you get caught copping 10 kg without a license

I mean… I’m inclined to think it would be multiple felonies. A licensed facility can’t sell you anything because of the METRC infrastructure. Unless they’re incredibly stupid… I doubt it.

There might be black market distillate here, I honestly don’t know. If there is, that would be treated like any other illegal drug transaction I would think, multiple felonies.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be doing purchases of that size without licenses involved. The reach of the federal govt as far as forfeiture is repercussion enough, let alone manufacturing charges or trafficking charges.

4 Likes

https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/marijuana-laws-and-penalties/colorado.htm

1 Like