Leaking Pump for Cold Ethanol Transfer

We have learned that air operated dual diaphragm Kynar pumps for transferring cold ethanol (-30C) tend to contract and produce leaks. We have since been recommending stainless steel versions of this same dual diaphragm pump with EPDM diaphragms. Any other material options for reliable cold transfer without leaks?

1 Like

we have an excellent pump house down the street from us, you want a containment duty diaghapramn pump in a ss build with flap valves for your application. The have em’ on the shelf too!

1 Like

Pricing? I might have to drive up and pick up one or two.

i can get one for around $2,000 ballpark. they dont leak out the muffler when the diaphragm busts, they keep pumping. I am in fresno ca

2 Likes

Damn, that’s nice. Do you know the temp rating?

that all depends on the fluid you put into the drive section. you can fill it with anything you like as long as it dosent compress too much. you could use a saline solution, most people use distilled h20, but you can put anything within reason in there.

1 Like

We sell this pump for $1140.00 and the shipping time to California is 2 days via UPS ground.

1 Like

the sandpiper containment pump in ss with ptfe coated diaphragms? That a lower price than we can get it and we have a resale licence.

Is it that same model?

1 Like